Blueyonder - How to firewall

Old March 25th 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pdrolo

Default Blueyonder - How to firewall

I have blueyonder with a motorolla cable modem. My setup is as follows.
PCI ethernet card - rj45 cable to port 1 on linksys wrt54gs - the
internet port of the linksys goes to rj45 port on motorolla - all works
pretty well - but of the three connections shown on my computer - none
appear to be firewalled - how can I protect this set up ? (ie firewall
it)

Old March 25th 06, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon

"pdrolo" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have blueyonder with a motorolla cable modem. My setup is as follows.
PCI ethernet card - rj45 cable to port 1 on linksys wrt54gs - the
internet port of the linksys goes to rj45 port on motorolla - all works
pretty well - but of the three connections shown on my computer - none
appear to be firewalled - how can I protect this set up ? (ie firewall
it)

Switch on the one in Windows XP whch only stops incoming traffic, or use
Zone Alarm as it's free and does the job. The only bad point about the XP
firewall is that programs can alter the registry and allow ports to be
opened up without permission.
Zone alarm should be run in the "ask me" mode as people have shared settings
and unfortunately most users are beginners so have allowed spyware full
rights.

Old March 25th 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pdrolo

Thanks Simon,

The problem is though, I have three network connections, one under
Internet Gateway , one local area connection (motorolla) and another
local area connection (the intel card) - the latter two are descrobded
as 'bridged' - the problem is when I right click - I don't get the
option to protect with firewall ? ......how do I turn it on ?