Best for 20

Old March 25th 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

Default Best for 20

Jumbo's Chippy wrote:
In relation to another thread I have posted, I have decided I am
going to cancel my Tiscali broadband as they just seem to suspend my
service whenever they feel the need.

Which ISP would people recommend for around 20 p/month using a BT
Telephone Line? Speed isn't that essential, however a permanent
connection and "unlimited" usage is essential. I live in the North
West of England BTW
Thanks

AOL

--
huLLy,
Methsods in Maaaadness.. an arresting experience!

Old March 25th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I know everything

http://www.fast4.net/_files/1mb_unlim.asp

Old March 25th 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Jumbo's Chippy wrote:
In relation to another thread I have posted, I have decided I am going to
cancel my Tiscali broadband as they just seem to suspend my service whenever
they feel the need.

Which ISP would people recommend for around 20 p/month using a BT Telephone
Line? Speed isn't that essential, however a permanent connection and
"unlimited" usage is essential. I live in the North West of England BTW

Eclipse 500 k Flex (17:99/m)

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=flex_res

--
Mark
Old March 25th 06, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Faulkner

In message , Jumbo's Chippy
writes
In relation to another thread I have posted, I have decided I am going to
cancel my Tiscali broadband as they just seem to suspend my service whenever
they feel the need.

Which ISP would people recommend for around 20 p/month using a BT Telephone
Line? Speed isn't that essential, however a permanent connection and
"unlimited" usage is essential. I live in the North West of England BTW

Thanks

Demon 19.99 unlimited, definitely 1Mb, possibly 2Mb

http://www.demon.net I think
--
Richard Faulkner
Old March 25th 06, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mel

"I know everything" wrote in message ...

"Jumbo's Chippy" wrote in message
In relation to another thread I have posted, I have decided I am going to
cancel my Tiscali broadband as they just seem to suspend my service
whenever they feel the need.

Which ISP would people recommend for around 20 p/month using a BT
Telephone Line? Speed isn't that essential, however a permanent connection
and "unlimited" usage is essential. I live in the North West of England
BTW

http://www.fast4.net/_files/1mb_unlim.asp

Excuse me for repeating myself

"Fast4.net is V21. If that's not a good enough reason to avoid them:

Extracts from the Fast4 T&Cs.

"Heavy-usage applications such as continuous Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file sharing,
streaming video, binary downloads or other intensive uses accumulating a
monthly download in excess of 40Gb will constitute abuse of the network.
Where the Service has been deemed to have been used inappropriately or
to the detriment of the overall Service, we reserve the right to take action
against this account."

"In the event that Fast 4 Internet agrees to you migrating your connection to
an alternative provider, you must pay all the Charges due, up to and including
the date of expiry of the Minimum Period, and you must pay a migration charge
of 30.00 including VAT before Fast 4 Internet will provide your Migration
Authorisation Code."

Oh, and it is a one year minimum contract."

By the way, have you received your Vat exempt internet training manual?
And have they fixed the dodgy website yet?
And have they fixed the billing problem?

Old March 25th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I know everything

"Mel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

[...]

Nope it's 1 month

By the way, have you received your Vat exempt internet training manual?

??!?!

And have they fixed the dodgy website yet?

What dodgy website ?

And have they fixed the billing problem?

What billing problem ?!

No problems with me for years

Old March 25th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
simon

"Jumbo's Chippy" wrote in message
In relation to another thread I have posted, I have decided I am going to
cancel my Tiscali broadband as they just seem to suspend my service
whenever they feel the need.

Which ISP would people recommend for around 20 p/month using a BT
Telephone Line? Speed isn't that essential, however a permanent connection
and "unlimited" usage is essential. I live in the North West of England
BTW

Thanks

Tesco is 17-97 a month for unlimited 512k. It's NTL down a phoneline. No
problems noted so far in 2 years. Hammered on the p2p side most nights.

Old March 25th 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mel

"I know everything" wrote in message ...

"Mel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

[...]

Incorrect, try signing up to a monthly contract!

By the way, have you received your Vat exempt internet training manual?

??!?!

Quoted from Fast4's ADSL contract.

"2.9 The Service must be taken in conjunction with the Training Manual."

Read your contract, it is an annual manual, you are paying for it as part of your
subs, they specified a total of 60 in the dialup contract! If you've been a customer
for more than a year you should have at least one copy by now!

Books are of course vat exempt...

And have they fixed the dodgy website yet?

What dodgy website ?

Best not say in case they haven't fixed it.

And have they fixed the billing problem?

What billing problem ?!

Check your payment dates haven't drifted forward.

No problems with me for years

Try getting a mac code without being charged 30 or try exceeding the 40 gig cap.

Old March 26th 06, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

"Mel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"I know everything" wrote in message

"Mel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

[...]

Hmm blah de blah, When I joined a few years ago it was a 1 month contract,
still is AFAIK. Even if there is a 40 gig cap I have never got near that. I
don't think there is. Fast4 is now totally independant from v21 anyway. I
saw this on the v21 'terms' nothing found on the fast4 site ?? Nope payment
date has only once or twice gone back a few days but they corrected this
when I emailed them

As for an internet training manual..sounds nonsense to me...Oh well I'll
send them an email about all this anyway, but as I say never had any big
problems and it seem no ISP is perfect, fast4 is very close IMO