Zoom x5v and Caller ID

Old March 25th 06, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve @ Aceinternet

Default Zoom x5v and Caller ID

Hi

Does anyone have one of these voip routers and managed to get caller id to
work with a DECT handset for an incomming VOIP call?

Caller ID works fine on PSTN calls, just not on incomming SIP calls.
Everything seems to be set up correctly.

Steve
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e:

Old March 26th 06, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wavey Davey

Steve @ Aceinternet wrote:
Hi

Does anyone have one of these voip routers and managed to get caller id to
work with a DECT handset for an incomming VOIP call?

Caller ID works fine on PSTN calls, just not on incomming SIP calls.
Everything seems to be set up correctly.

Steve

Hi Steve,
I have a similar setup to you. I have a Zoom V3 and a Philips Dect 211,
which I use in voip only mode. When I initially bought my phone I found
I could only get Caller ID to work by going into the technical settings
of the phone and changing the Caller Identification type. So might be
worth checking the phone's settings rather than your voip hardware.

Dave
Old March 26th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve @ Aceinternet

I could only get Caller ID to work by going into the technical settings of
the phone and changing the Caller Identification type. So might be worth
checking the phone's settings rather than your voip hardware.

Thanks Dave. I have not noticed any phone settings for caller ID, but I will
look again.

Old March 27th 06, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve @ Aceinternet

No settings on the phone for caller ID, but I would not want to change that
anyway, because PSTN caller id would not work then...

Any other ideas?

Old March 29th 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve @ Aceinternet

The Zoom has a config setting for CLID, though it may be limited to either
Bell or V.23 (sent after first ring), in which case UK CLID (sent before
ringing) is not an option.

Yes, that's right, you can choose between Bell and V.23.

I did check with Zoom support (after tryign to get through all evening -
based in the US). Theys said "Caller ID will work fine with Global Village
VOIP."

I attempted to argue the situation and gave up.....

Looks like it'll be traded in soon for a different ATA ;-)