Hardware setup

Old March 27th 06, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PL

Default Hardware setup

My router has only got one ethernet port. If I plug in a separate
network switchbox with say 6 ports, and then plug my desktop PC,
notebook and 2 ATA's into the switch, is the VoIP side of things likely
to work okay?

I know I could simply try it, but I was hoping that someone, with a
better understand, might be able to identify potential difficulties
before I embark on the task?

Thanks
Old March 27th 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"PL" wrote in message

My router has only got one ethernet port. If I plug in a
separate network switchbox with say 6 ports, and then
plug my desktop PC, notebook and 2 ATA's into the switch,
is the VoIP side of things likely to work okay?

I know I could simply try it, but I was hoping that
someone, with a better understand, might be able to
identify potential difficulties before I embark on the
task?
Thanks

Yes it will work fine. I have two hubs daisy chained from my AVM Fritz!Box
Fon router/VoIP ATA.

Make sure you get a switch rather than a hub, it will be more efficient.

Ivor