Voip Stunt Geographic number?

Old March 27th 06, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dellboy

Default Voip Stunt Geographic number?

Just looking at Voip Stunt, is it a Geographic number they supply?

Old March 27th 06, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Dellboy:
Just looking at Voip Stunt, is it a Geographic number they supply?

Yes, but only to a limited number of areas, such as 0121 Birmingham, 020
London.

They seem to cover major cities, outside these areas you get an 0560 number.

--
http://www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk

Old March 27th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Dellboy wrote:
Just looking at Voip Stunt, is it a Geographic number they supply?

Depends on your area.. I signed up last night and got an 0208 number.
(london address)
Old March 27th 06, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Scope:
Dellboy wrote:
Just looking at Voip Stunt, is it a Geographic number they supply?

Depends on your area.. I signed up last night and got an 0208 number.
(london address)

Surely you mean an 020 number.

Err no, since 020 covers Portsmouth, Southampton and IIRC some of
northern Ireland as well (probably other places), 0207 and 0208 replaced
0171 and 0181.

Old March 27th 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Scope wrote:
Dellboy wrote:
Just looking at Voip Stunt, is it a Geographic number they supply?

Depends on your area.. I signed up last night and got an 0208 number.
(london address)

Sorry, my mistake, I signed up for VoIPDiscount, not stunt.. Too many
companies to keep track of now. ;-)

But still, probably the same pool of numbers.
Old March 27th 06, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dellboy

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
They seem to cover major cities, outside these areas you get an 0560
number.

Ok, cheers for that.

They seem to hide the fact until you actually pay some money to get your
*free* number.

Was worried about the 0560 number so may lie to get the 020 number.

Old March 27th 06, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Thomas Kenyon:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Scope:
Dellboy wrote:
Just looking at Voip Stunt, is it a Geographic number they supply?

Depends on your area.. I signed up last night and got an 0208
number. (london address)

Surely you mean an 020 number.

Err no, since 020 covers Portsmouth, Southampton and IIRC some of
northern Ireland as well (probably other places), 0207 and 0208
replaced 0171 and 0181.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Another one who is confused!

020 replaced 0171 and 0181.

There are no areas codes as 0207 or 0208 only 020.

If you are in London try dialling 020 7043 1320 (Correct number) this will
work.

However if you dial your so called local number 043 1320 (as you say the
area code is 0207, so dialling locally you can omit the area code) it will
fail to connect, because it is missing a digit of the local number.

London area code is 020.

Old March 27th 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Scope:
Scope wrote:
Dellboy wrote:
Just looking at Voip Stunt, is it a Geographic number they supply?

Depends on your area.. I signed up last night and got an 0208 number.
(london address)

Sorry, my mistake, I signed up for VoIPDiscount, not stunt.. Too many
companies to keep track of now. ;-)

But still, probably the same pool of numbers.

Yes, exactly same pool of numbers.

Old March 27th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve @ Aceinternet

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in message
news
Err no, since 020 covers Portsmouth, Southampton and IIRC some of
northern Ireland as well (probably other places), 0207 and 0208 replaced
0171 and 0181.

No, 020 is London

Portsmouth is 023
Northern ireland is 028

Steve
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e: