3CRWDR100A Virtual Server configuration to enable ssh

Old March 28th 06, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default 3CRWDR100A Virtual Server configuration to enable ssh

Seeking assistance to allow remote ssh and ftp connection to a machine
within my local network.

I have a machine on my local network (192.168.1.1) running ssh and ftp
server running. I have tried to configure my router with virtual server
but without joy. I can ping the dynamic IP address provided by my ISP.
I have tried hard rebooting following configuration changes.

3com 3CRWDR100A-72
firmware version 2.06

Whilst trying to sort this out I have setup the following virtual
servers:

No LAN IP Protocol LAN Port Public Port
1 192.168.1.1 TCP 22 2525
2 192.168.1.1 TCP 21 21

Can anyone provide me a solution? Many thanks in advance!
Ale

Old March 29th 06, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Checked with 3Com EMEA support, it would appear that the router is out
of warranty and so cannot create support request. Submitted feedback
requesting help with "Configure Port Foward on router".

Have tried hard-booting after making change to Virtual Server settings,
tried earlier firmware + added the SSH server device (192.168.1.1) to
DMZ. I can ping the router from outside the network, but no port
fowarding... I can connect to the device from within the local network
- over both FTP and SSH.

Does anyone have a solution?

Old March 29th 06, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Hogarty

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 03:13:28 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

Does anyone have a solution?

Throw it in the bin and get a router that works? With the cost of routers
that will support this configuration falling all the time it seems to me
your time would be better spent on configuring a router that is known to
work rather than wasting your time on the abysmal support you are getting
from 3com.

--
Regards
Tony

Old March 29th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Mohaha! well I might well have followed that guidance but clearly
someone was watching you type - at the same time I received an email
from a 3com program manager offering some help!

I gave his suggestions a go, but still no joy. Time to to follow-up on
his offer for further help...
Going to keep knocking on this door