still waiting for MAC code

Old March 28th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SoWeezy

Default still waiting for MAC code

applied for my MAC code and TalkTalk told me 7 to 14 days, well it's
been 21 days and I still haven't had it !!

phoned them today, for the 3rd time, and was told it's BT's fault and
TalkTalk can't do anything until BT give them the MAC code

is this correct or are they just stringing me along ??

thanks

Old March 28th 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TygerTyger2010

SoWeezy wrote:

applied for my MAC code and TalkTalk told me 7 to 14 days, well it's
been 21 days and I still haven't had it !!

phoned them today, for the 3rd time, and was told it's BT's fault and
TalkTalk can't do anything until BT give them the MAC code

is this correct or are they just stringing me along ??

Well as a point of comparison I asked for my MAC code from Pipex and got
it e-mailed to me within 2 hours.
Go figure.

TygerTyger2010.
Old March 28th 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, SoWeezy wrote:

applied for my MAC code and TalkTalk told me 7 to 14 days, well it's
been 21 days and I still haven't had it !!

phoned them today, for the 3rd time, and was told it's BT's fault and
TalkTalk can't do anything until BT give them the MAC code

is this correct or are they just stringing me along ??

BT usually issue MACs in a very short period of time - minutes or hours.

Perhaps they don't deal directly with BT. If they have to go through
another provider it can cause delays as not every company responds in a
timely fashion to MAC requests.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/ up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just 14.98

Old March 28th 06, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sucuba Dude

:
[...]
: --
: UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
: http://www.ukfsn.org/ up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just
14.98
: ** FREE ADSL MIGRATION **
: http://www.linuxadsl.co.uk/ ADSL Routers from just 21.98

AFAIK the 'MAC' code already exisits when you start the broadband
service from BT and does not need much 'generation'.
BT assign a CBUK and BBIP number to the account and one of these is
basically the MAC code. Spotted it with f9 last year.
I just can't remember which it was!

It's not going to be BT here, it is going to be your ISP trying to
screw you down.

Old March 28th 06, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian w

"SoWeezy" wrote in message
applied for my MAC code and TalkTalk told me 7 to 14 days, well it's been
21 days and I still haven't had it !!

phoned them today, for the 3rd time, and was told it's BT's fault and
TalkTalk can't do anything until BT give them the MAC code

is this correct or are they just stringing me along ??

thanks

Speak to the companies. If you want anyone here to take up the case we will
need the following from you -

name
address
phone number
account details
passwords

People from companies will never resond in newsgroups, they never read them.
So you're wasting your time.

Old March 28th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Sucuba Dude wrote:
[...]

It took me 2 or 3 letters to the CEO to get clear of Tiscali.
Unfortunately trying to communicate with the CEO of Carphone Warehouse/
Talk Talk/ Fresh seems to get you nowhere.
Best of luck. I have now got mobile phone and landline contracts
elsewhere but it's not so easy for you. They really seem to be in one
huge mess.
Old March 28th 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SoWeezy

People from companies will never resond in newsgroups, they never read
them.
So you're wasting your time.

wasting my time... did you read my post ?

I only wanted to know if what the TalkTalk drone told me was true