Friday !

Old March 28th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I know everything

Default Friday !

Just a few days then to 99.6% of exchanges being 8 Mbit enabled. Exciting
huh ?!

Old March 28th 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SJP

"I know everything" wrote in message
Just a few days then to 99.6% of exchanges being 8 Mbit enabled. Exciting
huh ?!

Yeah right!

Old March 29th 06, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Just a few days then to 99.6% of exchanges being 8 Mbit enabled. Exciting
huh ?!

Yippee - perhaps Pipex might increase the speed for existing customers
who are now on a lower speed than they offer as standard to new ones,
at a higher cost.

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---
Old March 29th 06, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
Just a few days then to 99.6% of exchanges being 8 Mbit enabled. Exciting
huh ?!

Yippee - perhaps Pipex might increase the speed for existing customers
who are now on a lower speed than they offer as standard to new ones,
at a higher cost.

Does it matter which ISP you are with, in other words can they cap the speed
from the exchange back down to my existing speed of 2Mbit or will my
connection simply automatically speed up on the day they have enabled the
faster Max DSL speed ?

Old March 29th 06, 01:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

amstereofan wrote:
"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...

Just a few days then to 99.6% of exchanges being 8 Mbit enabled. Exciting
huh ?!

Yippee - perhaps Pipex might increase the speed for existing customers
who are now on a lower speed than they offer as standard to new ones,
at a higher cost.

Does it matter which ISP you are with, in other words can they cap the speed
from the exchange back down to my existing speed of 2Mbit or will my
connection simply automatically speed up on the day they have enabled the
faster Max DSL speed ?

Hi there,

ISP's can cap the speeds. In addition to this they still need to submit
regrade or modify orders to BT Wholesale even after your exchange work
has been completed.

For a *rough* guide of when your exchange work is due for completion
have a look he-

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

Mine's green for the 31st

Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old March 29th 06, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dobson

Colin Wilson wrote:
Just a few days then to 99.6% of exchanges being 8 Mbit enabled. Exciting
huh ?!

Yippee - perhaps Pipex might increase the speed for existing customers
who are now on a lower speed than they offer as standard to new ones,
at a higher cost.

Have you signed into My Pipex to check if you can migrate across?

I remember this happening before to me, they hadn't told me about any
change being available, but I signed into the site and found I could
swap across to a faster plan at no cost.
Old March 29th 06, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Have you signed into My Pipex to check if you can migrate across?
I remember this happening before to me, they hadn't told me about any
change being available, but I signed into the site and found I could
swap across to a faster plan at no cost.

I haven`t checked in the last couple of weeks, but there`s been no
info to say I could move to a faster connection for the same cost...

Its only been about 6 months since they (finally) regraded me to 1Mbit
as part of the upgrade rollout...

Old March 31st 06, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Downie

Anorak wrote:
Mine is or was anyway, so much for that then. Maybe some time in
April,
maybe not even though the DSL zone page says my exchange has been
enabled in reality it has'nt. Anyone else's exchange actually had the
Max DSL treatment today ??

Certainly not mine. Business as sluggish usual. :-(

Tim

Old April 1st 06, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 31 Mar 2006 23:22, "Tim Downie" wrote:

Certainly not mine. Business as sluggish usual. :-(

Hmmmmm..... Are you expecting an instant regrade to get some higher speed,
simply because the exchange is *capable* of that now ? Remember that there
will need to be orders placed by ISPs to request individual customer lines
get regraded. There are fees for some changes (250 or 500 being regraded
to IPstream Max) but not for those on 1000 or 2000 kbps, but whether the
ISP will have to pay a fee or not, BT Wholesale cannot change everyone,
at least not "overnight", without a major degree of chaos... Remember
that for DSL Max to work, the exchange tries different speeds on the
connection, and some may not want the effects of this (eg some firm
with a mail server on their connection, won't be wanting instability
and disconnections for the next week or ten days, but may want to get
it done later in the year, or when they have mail feed switched to the
second connection, so any downtime through this change won't affect the
mail for them!) It may also depend on which ISP you use, and whether it
plans for a new 12 month contract for letting you have this regrade (even
if they are actually getting the regrade free from BT Wholesale). Surely,
the way you should find out about when to expect the regrade is to check on
your ISP's web site for information, but don't hold your breath for having a
higher speed connection unless you are ready to switch ISP... I'm sure those
who migrate to another ISP and new customers will be getting their speed up,
and if not, will be moving on to some ISP which will give the regrade! PGM.

--
UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4 - Happy to save cash!!