how to configue

Old March 29th 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
systemtek

Default how to configue

Just need some advise, have a ActionTec DSL gateway, my isp assigns my
IP via DHCP which i keep for quite a few weeks, which is good.

I have a number of PCs, and 1 of them that i need to connect to remotly
via remote desktop ( port 3389 ), previously i had a USB modem on 1 pc
so that was no problem at all. All the internal PCs now have
192.168.x.x ip addresses, what do i need to setup on the router to be
able to access my pc from external. previous i just put the ip in say
82.0.0.0 and i was on my machine where ever i was external, i assume
there may be a way where i put say 82.0.0.0:3389 or something and thats
mapped on my router to say 192.168.0.6

Not sure how to set this up any advise ?

Thanks

Old March 29th 06, 04:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sucuba Dude

oups.com...
:
[...]

Do you
(1) Have port 3389 set up to pass either UDP or TCP traffic?
(2) Have any firewall issues that are not allowing packets through?

Old March 29th 06, 06:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article .com
systemtek wrote:
Just need some advise, have a ActionTec DSL gateway, my isp assigns my
IP via DHCP which i keep for quite a few weeks, which is good.

I have a number of PCs, and 1 of them that i need to connect to remotly
via remote desktop ( port 3389 ), previously i had a USB modem on 1 pc
so that was no problem at all. All the internal PCs now have
192.168.x.x ip addresses, what do i need to setup on the router to be
able to access my pc from external. previous i just put the ip in say
82.0.0.0 and i was on my machine where ever i was external, i assume
there may be a way where i put say 82.0.0.0:3389 or something and thats
mapped on my router to say 192.168.0.6

Assuming you mean the GT704 (I don't know if the other Actiontec models
use the same software) you need to go to the Application-Level Gateway
and Port Forwarding page in the advanced setup. There you can map ports
on the gateway to the local machine of your choice.