Incoming UK toll-free number via VoIP?

Old March 29th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband

Default Incoming UK toll-free number via VoIP?

Please can you recommend me a VoIP operator who is able to assign a UK
toll-free number to a customer for accepting incoming calls?

I would prefer having an analog telephone adaptor (ATA) over a
softphone and I would appreciate if I could receive incoming fax calls
as well

Old March 29th 06, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
paul123

wrote:
Please can you recommend me a VoIP operator who is able to assign a UK
toll-free number to a customer for accepting incoming calls?

I would prefer having an analog telephone adaptor (ATA) over a
softphone and I would appreciate if I could receive incoming fax calls
as well

Try
http://www.voiptalk.org

I use their fax to email service and have no problem recommending them.
They also do 0800 toll-free numbers + they sell ATAs.

Old March 29th 06, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
sean

paul123 wrote:
wrote:
Please can you recommend me a VoIP operator who is able to assign a UK
toll-free number to a customer for accepting incoming calls?

I would prefer having an analog telephone adaptor (ATA) over a
softphone and I would appreciate if I could receive incoming fax calls
as well

Try
http://www.voiptalk.org

I use their fax to email service and have no problem recommending them.
They also do 0800 toll-free numbers + they sell ATAs.

www.voipfone.co.uk could work out cheaper, depends on usage.

voiptalk . 99 + 1.8p per min

voipfone . 4.99 monthly, 3p per min
Old March 30th 06, 05:11 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Sauron

: http://www.gradwell.com/?r=7968

offer 0800 numbers that can be assigned to any VOIP provider, as well as
providing there own bussiness class VOIP which can support up to 10 users
for 7 and can be expanded as needed.

Old March 30th 06, 08:44 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
J C

paul123 wrote:
wrote:
Please can you recommend me a VoIP operator who is able to assign a
UK toll-free number to a customer for accepting incoming calls?

I would prefer having an analog telephone adaptor (ATA) over a
softphone and I would appreciate if I could receive incoming fax
calls as well

Try
http://www.voiptalk.org

I use their fax to email service and have no problem recommending
them. They also do 0800 toll-free numbers + they sell ATAs.

As a newcomer to voip (I've trialed the bt service) what are the
disavantages of the vioptalk free line? (other than it will cut into your
ISP's allowance if capped) I presume they make money by being expensive/very
expensive? to call from a landline/mobile?

Old March 31st 06, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Gradwell

Sean wrote:

voiptalk . 99 + 1.8p per min

voipfone . 4.99 monthly, 3p per min

gradwell is 4/month (free for first 3 months) and 3ppm.

peter