Thinking of trying voip

Old March 29th 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
grumpy

Default Thinking of trying voip

Hi Folks
Im thinking of trying voipfone.
Im looking at getting the ata 1100 from provu.
I want to keep my existing landline account with B.Y. for the moment
Will I still be able to get calls thru my existing B.Y. phone number when
this box is connected or it only recieve calls through voipfone
Wll I have to send everyone the new number given to me.
Is there any setting I will have to adjust in the ata box in order to
receive calls from both lines.

thnx
dave

Old March 30th 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
grumpy

"cjd" wrote in message
oups.com...
grumpy wrote:
Hi Folks
Im thinking of trying voipfone.
Im looking at getting the ata 1100 from provu.

Voipfone sell that adapter - if you buy it from them it will arrive
preconfigured for you.

I want to keep my existing landline account with B.Y. for the moment
Will I still be able to get calls thru my existing B.Y. phone number when
this box is connected or it only recieve calls through voipfone

Your telephone will ring if a call comes into your old number (from
the PSTN) and/or from your VoIP number

Wll I have to send everyone the new number given to me.

Only if you want them to call on it - the only advantage of giving out
your new number would be that other voipfone users calling it would
then be making a free call.

Is there any setting I will have to adjust in the ata box in order to
receive calls from both lines.

Not if you buy it from the provider you'll be using - it should just
work.

thnx
dave

Thanks for your reply cjd.
Just wanted to make sure before I commited.

dave