Aol Adsl Max

Old March 30th 06, 05:25 AM
deanio deanio is offline
Junior Member

Default Aol Adsl Max

Hi, i currently am able to receive 1mb broadband, and at this point i am unable to receive 2mb, my exchange is being upgraded on the 31st of march, has there been any confirmation wether aol will be allowing users to receive the adsl max on or after this date, and has it be comfirmed wether it will be more expensive?

also as i can only currently get 1mb..... which i find stupid. my parents live just down the road about 2mins walk and they can get 2mb, am i likely to be able to get faster speeds with adsl max? such as 2mb or even 4?

i did a quick look at my modem settings, and found the following information

SNR Margin, 28.5 db, some times goes to 29, Local Attenuation, 59.5-Remote attenuation, 31.5
Old March 30th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

"deanio" wrote in message

Hi, i currently am able to receive 1mb broadband, and at this point i am
unable to receive 2mb, my exchange is being upgraded on the 31st of
march, has there been any confirmation wether aol will be allowing
users to receive the adsl max on or after this date, and has it be
comfirmed wether it will be more expensive?

AOL say they are giving upgrade priority to Platinum subscribers which is
indeed more expensive.

also as i can only currently get 1mb..... which i find stupid. my
parents live just down the road about 2mins walk and they can get 2mb,
am i likely to be able to get faster speeds with adsl max? such as 2mb
or even 4?

You don't say which plan you are on or whether this is at all times of the
day? For example I am on AOL Gold and some weekday evenings get only 1Mb
while the rest of the time I get the full 2Mb. With AOL Silver you will only
ever get 1Mb.

(kim)