New to networking can you help?

Old March 30th 06, 07:57 PM
duigy duigy is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy New to networking can you help?

Hi
I have just purchased a Netgear DM602 modem and a Netgear WGR614 router to set up my first home network.
I can get the DM602 to connect to my ISP (Homecall) on its own. My problems start when I try to connect the WGR614 router.
I can ping both devices but I don't get any response from the internet.

Can anyone take a novice through a step by step set up procedure?

Please be gentle, I'm new to this and I bow to your wisdom.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Duigy
Old March 30th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default New to networking can you help?

www.wown.com

excellent site with a vast array of reference material for begineers
of networks.