Wireless connection problems.

Old March 30th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel

Default Wireless connection problems.

Hi all,
Just installed a d-link wireless router at my brothers, at the same time I
also set up his new Gateway MX6685b laptop using the wireless network. All
appeared to work fine. Downloaded all the latest windows updates,
realplayer, quicktime etc. Once all the updates had been done and installed
I did a reboot. When it started up the wireless icon comes up and says it's
connected and the strength is excellent, but I have no connection to the
internet, or indeed to the router if I type in the address for it.
On checking the IP address it's still showing the one that it had before the
machine shutdown.
After a while of checking and adjusting settings, and running the network
wizard, I stumbled upon the fact that if I select the wireless connection in
the network connections window, and click on repair, the internet and router
become available again, until the machine is shutdown again.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong, or what settings I need to change?

Regards,
Nigel