Maximum Line Speeds

Old March 30th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me

Default Maximum Line Speeds

Hi
Does anyone know what the maximum line speed on a "normal"
contended BT provided line was, prior to this latest round of speed upgrades?
Could you, for instance get 3, 5, 6 meg for example?

Me

--
Currently in Liverpool , United Kingdom Mostly Clear, 55F(13C) Wind:WSW (240') at 20mph
(17KT)

Old March 30th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

"Me" wrote in message
Hi
Does anyone know what the maximum line speed on a "normal"
contended BT provided line was, prior to this latest round of speed
upgrades?
Could you, for instance get 3, 5, 6 meg for example?

I don't understand your question. Highest line speeds currently, with BT
wholesale provided ADSL is 2272. Has been for the last 6 years believe it or
not.

If you are asking what the average maximum connection speed is on BT lines
BT estimate that 50% or so can get line speeds of 6Mb.

Dan

Me

Old March 30th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me

"Daniel" wrote in message

"Me" wrote in message
Hi
Does anyone know what the maximum line speed on a "normal"
contended BT provided line was, prior to this latest round of speed upgrades?
Could you, for instance get 3, 5, 6 meg for example?

I don't understand your question. Highest line speeds currently, with BT wholesale
provided ADSL is 2272. Has been for the last 6 years believe it or not.

If you are asking what the average maximum connection speed is on BT lines BT estimate
that 50% or so can get line speeds of 6Mb.

Dan

Well, let me rephrase it......
"Our initial test on your line indicates that you should be able to have BT Broadband
with download speeds up to 2Mb" is what it says on BTs checker for my line.
Would it/could it have said "Our initial test on your line indicates that you should be
able to have BT Broadband with download speeds up to 4Mb" (or 6meg, or 12 meg, whatever)
at any time prior to now
I am talking 12 months ago here
In other words was 2meg the maximum "allowed" by BTW

Me

Old March 30th 06, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me

"Ant" wrote in message

"Me" wrote in message

"Daniel" wrote in message

"Me" wrote in message
[...]

Yes...what?
Yes they only sold a product "upto 2meg"?
Yes it could have been "upto 4meg, or 6meg, or 12 meg, whatever"?

Me

Old March 31st 06, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

"Me" wrote in message

"Ant" wrote in message

"Me" wrote in message

"Daniel" wrote in message

"Me" wrote in message
[...]

As I said in my previous post, BT have only offered a maximum of 2Mb
(2272kbps sync rate) for the last 6 years. The upto 8Mb ADSL max just
released should of been released years ago in my opinion.

Dan