Router figures high or low?

Old March 31st 06, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TygerTyger2010

Default Router figures high or low?

Hello,

I know this question varies from model to model, and probably has been
asked befo
Routers don't necessarily give correct SNR and attenuation figures.
Do they tend to be too high, or too low on average?

I changed routers recently. My old one gave downstream 34dB SNR,
downstream attenuation 8dB
My new one is 33dB SNR attenuation 10dB. On 2meg BB. I live about
500ft from the exchange.
(I'm not complaining about those figures BTW! Just wondering).

Cheers,

Tyger.
Old March 31st 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

TygerTyger2010 wrote:
Hello,

I know this question varies from model to model, and probably has
been asked befo
Routers don't necessarily give correct SNR and attenuation figures.
Do they tend to be too high, or too low on average?

I changed routers recently. My old one gave downstream 34dB SNR,
downstream attenuation 8dB
My new one is 33dB SNR attenuation 10dB. On 2meg BB. I live about
500ft from the exchange.
(I'm not complaining about those figures BTW! Just wondering).

Cheers,

Tyger.

Which way does the wind blow???

It varies from one unit to another (yes even of the same make &
model), as long as your service is working don't worry about it unless
the figures change significantly...