New BB account Lead Time?

Old March 31st 06, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nemesis

Default New BB account Lead Time?

Hi, Im getting a new BT line installed on the 4th April and I'm looking for
a decent BB provider with a quick connection time.

NDO say they can do 10 days, but I want something like 3 - 6 days.

Thanks.

Old March 31st 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

nemesis wrote:
Hi, Im getting a new BT line installed on the 4th April and I'm looking for
a decent BB provider with a quick connection time.

NDO say they can do 10 days, but I want something like 3 - 6 days.

Try AAISP then.
Old March 31st 06, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stewart

Waitrose had me connected on a new phone line, that need activating to
broadband, within 7 days.

ian

Old March 31st 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , nemesis says...
Hi, Im getting a new BT line installed on the 4th April and I'm looking for
a decent BB provider with a quick connection time.

NDO say they can do 10 days, but I want something like 3 - 6 days.

Thanks.

ring Eclipse with your BT order number, they can start the ball rolling
now. They do the same with house movers who have Eclipse accounts and
can get broadband provisioning done faster.

Although you have left it a bit late

(0845) 1224 111

FR
Old March 31st 06, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sucuba Dude

"Flying Rat" wrote in message
"They do the same with house movers who have Eclipse accounts and can get
broadband provisioning done faster."

Sorry to diagree here. BT Wholesale is now part of Openreach and under the rules
of equivelance, no operator will have service faster than the other as this
would be seen as offering preferential service and it's just not permitted.

There is a process in place for delivery of 'combined PSTN and ADSL' via BT
which normally is done on a 'as soon as possible' (workstack, manpower and
lineplant being the key factors in decided just how fast it can be provisoned,
but it varies on area to area). With all the system changes taking place with BT
Openreach this weekend Sunday is basically taken out of the book, so a day is
lost this week.

I am not fully aware how a customer/eu gets a 'combined PSTN and ADSL' to go
through. Hopefully someone else can point this out. In the old days the line had
to be in and running before they would accept the broadband order (normally on
the evening of the install job being commed of by the install engineer). The new
process is certainly quicker than that as it delivers both on the same day. Like
I said, as long as the order is for combined dsl and pstn (and like I said I am
not sure how you get to this arena) the provider is imaterial as they all have
to be treated the same by Openreach. The only difference I can see in speed now
is if you get stuck on the old provisioning scenario and I am not sure how one
avoids that.

Old March 31st 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

nemesis wrote:

Hi, Im getting a new BT line installed on the 4th April and I'm looking
for a decent BB provider with a quick connection time.

NDO say they can do 10 days, but I want something like 3 - 6 days.

I think you'll be unlikely to get broadband in 5 days, as BTW Provisioning
almost always give a lead time of 5 working days. And if BTW Provisioning
had a penny for every time someone has said "can you make this one quick,
the customer needs it ASAP", they wouldn't need to work for a living ;-)

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
18:48:53 up 1 day, 9 min, 3 users, load average: 0.60, 0.41, 0.35

Old March 31st 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Sucuba Dude wrote:

I am not fully aware how a customer/eu gets a 'combined PSTN and ADSL' to go
through. Hopefully someone else can point this out.

The process goes like so:

1. Contact your ISP to place the first part of an ADSL simultaneous
provide order. The ISP will then provide you with a special code which you
*MUST* make sure that BT take with the order and that BT understand that
this is for a simultaneous provide order.

BT will typically claim that they don't need it. They are lying - if they
don't take the number and record it properly the process will fail. Once
BT have taken the order including the code they will give you the PSTN
line number and an order reference. You need to give this information to
your ISP who submit this with your order. BT then connect the 2 orders
together and things should work well.

We've done this and had mixed results. If BT don't properly record the
code it fails and many BT staff simply don't understand how things work
and so don't do it properly.

We are now able to provide BT lines as well as ADSL so we can do it
properly.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/ up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just 14.98

Old April 1st 06, 07:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sucuba Dude

"Jason Clifford" wrote in message
| On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Sucuba Dude wrote:
|
| I am not fully aware how a customer/eu gets a 'combined PSTN and ADSL' to
go
| through. Hopefully someone else can point this out.
|
| The process goes like so:
|
| 1. Contact your ISP to place the first part of an ADSL simultaneous
| provide order. The ISP will then provide you with a special code which you
| *MUST* make sure that BT take with the order and that BT understand that
| this is for a simultaneous provide order.
|
| BT will typically claim that they don't need it. They are lying - if they
| don't take the number and record it properly the process will fail. Once
| BT have taken the order including the code they will give you the PSTN
| line number and an order reference. You need to give this information to
| your ISP who submit this with your order. BT then connect the 2 orders
| together and things should work well.
|
| We've done this and had mixed results. If BT don't properly record the
| code it fails and many BT staff simply don't understand how things work
| and so don't do it properly.

Thanks for the clarification. Do all ISP's offer the ADSL simultaneous provide
scenario?
I can imagine some of the decent ones will have this all sorted, but many others
will not be aware of it.
I know AOL offer it and seem to get it right.

Old April 1st 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Sucuba Dude wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Do all ISP's offer the ADSL simultaneous provide
scenario?

I don't think all do as it's a pain given that you have to rely upon the
end user to place the order with BT - particularly as BT haven't properly
trained all their staff to take the orders correctly.

Jason