Wanadoo/BT ADSL

Old March 31st 06, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gill

Default Wanadoo/BT ADSL

Wanadoo tell us that BT have ceased in error the ADSL service on our
dedicated BT line (voice service remains). Cease order raised by BT 21/3,
service terminated 28/3. Discovered by us 4am 29/3. Since then total of 49
calls made to Wanadoo "customer service" (sic!)/escalations/customer action
team/PR and BT technical services/wholesale/openreach/provisions/PR and
chairman's office. Result: no ADSL service. Likely outcome: ADSL service
reinstated "within 3-5 working days"; process cannot technically be done
instantly. My query: what is involved? what is this process? how long do
the physical actions necessary to "rebuild" ADSL service on a BT phone line
take? why would even the chairman's/CEO's assistant tell me that "this will
take time"?

Old March 31st 06, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tony

"Gill" wrote in message
Wanadoo tell us that BT have ceased in error the ADSL service on our
dedicated BT line (voice service remains).

So why are you posting into a newsgroup? This isn't BT or Wanadoo customer
services. You need to speak to the companies direct unless you want someone
here to do it for you, in which case please post -

Full name, address, phone number, date of birth, bank details, card details
and a brief history of the problem.

Why don't people ever learn, the company will not know of a complaint unless
a customer speaks to them DIRECT. Posting a one sided messages with
statements that can't be proved does no good.

Old March 31st 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve @ Aceinternet

Wanadoo tell us that BT have ceased in error the ADSL service on our
dedicated BT line (voice service remains).

Did you make any changed to your BT account, such as change of name,
telephone number or a change from business to residential (or vice versa)
account around 21st March?

If you did. this is probably why BT did the cease, and it is'nt Wanadoo's
fault.

The delay you are experiencing for reactivation is the normal delay for new
service provision to a line. It normallt takes 5-7 working days.

Steve
Unlimited 8Mb broadband just 29.95 per month with free connection/transfer
in!
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e:

Old March 31st 06, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DougP

"tony" wrote in message

"Gill" wrote in message
Wanadoo tell us that BT have ceased in error the ADSL service on our
dedicated BT line (voice service remains).

So why are you posting into a newsgroup? This isn't BT or Wanadoo
customer services. You need to speak to the companies direct unless you
want someone here to do it for you, in which case please post -

Full name, address, phone number, date of birth, bank details, card
details and a brief history of the problem.

Why don't people ever learn, the company will not know of a complaint
unless a customer speaks to them DIRECT. Posting a one sided messages
with statements that can't be proved does no good.

eh? He's spoken to virtually every employee of both BT & Wanadoo according
to the post. Its a technical question he's asking .... albeit with a bit of
background info as to why he's interested.

Why are you posting to the newsgroup?

Old April 1st 06, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Gill wrote:
Wanadoo tell us

You posted as Joe Butler earlier today - why the change of name?
Old April 1st 06, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Gill wrote:

why would even the chairman's/CEO's assistant tell me that "this will
take time"?

Because it is the truth?

Old April 1st 06, 05:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Butler

If you see my earlier post, you'll see that it seems unlikely that it takes
40 hours to install ADSL onto a line (particularly an ADSL enabled
exchange).

Aditionally, the 5 day wait, we've been told by Ofcom, is mandated as the
'minimum' time one must wait for a new service. I.e. this appears to be a
minimum manadated wait (not a maximum) - so, since this situation was caused
by an error due to BT or Wanadoo, and is not a new account, my customer is
attempting to find out how long it will take an engineer to fix the
situation based on the work involved, rather than what the people are
suggesting based on dogma. This information will then be passed to a person
in the organisation that can make things happen once they can be told what
the process is. That's the plan, anyway.