News Tickers

Old March 31st 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R.Daneel Olivaw

Default News Tickers

Is there a "News Ticker" type prog that will display the UK news in a single
scrolling line on my desktop. (XP SP2) The BBC used to have one but it is
not available at the moment.

Old March 31st 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 19:29:25 +0100, in uk.telecom.broadband ,
"R.Daneel Olivaw" wrote:

Is there a "News Ticker" type prog that will display the UK news in a single
scrolling line on my desktop. (XP SP2) The BBC used to have one but it is
not available at the moment.

I can email you the old version, if you can accept a 300KB email.

Mark McIntyre
Old April 1st 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Is there a "News Ticker" type prog that will display the UK news in a single
scrolling line on my desktop. (XP SP2) The BBC used to have one but it is
not available at the moment.

Have you tried googling for one ?

"rss ticker desktop" comes up with quite a few matches, such as...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32-infobar/

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---
Old April 1st 06, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R.Daneel Olivaw

"R.Daneel Olivaw" wrote:

Is there a "News Ticker" type prog that will display the UK news in a
single
scrolling line on my desktop. (XP SP2) The BBC used to have one but it is
not available at the moment.

I can email you the old version, if you can accept a 300KB email.

Mark McIntyre
--

That would be great - could you sent it to

Many thanx

Old April 2nd 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
Is there a "News Ticker" type prog that will display the UK news in a

single
scrolling line on my desktop. (XP SP2) The BBC used to have one but it

is
not available at the moment.

Have you tried googling for one ?

"rss ticker desktop" comes up with quite a few matches, such as...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32-infobar/

On a slightly different note, does anyone know of a news ticker that can be
added to a webpage? I have Apache PHP and MySQL running here. Thanks

I ideally just want UK news.

James