WatchWAN - keeps an account of every single byte you download or upload

Old March 31st 06, 10:09 PM
kksid kksid is offline
Junior Member

Default WatchWAN - keeps an account of every single byte you download or upload

Hi folks,
I found that utilities like DU-Meter or Netmeter are not very accurate in calculating my broadband usage, so I coded an utility of my own.

It is built over WinPcap library, the one that is used by well known sniffers like Ethereal, and I feel it is much more accurate than the others.
I plan to release it under GPL.

Please try it out and let me know if you find it useful.

You can find it at http://duf.sourceforge.net/watchwan/
Old April 1st 06, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

kksid submitted this idea :
Hi folks,
I found that utilities like DU-Meter or Netmeter are not very accurate
in calculating my broadband usage, so I coded an utility of my own.

It is built over WinPcap library, the one that is used by well known
sniffers like Ethereal, and I feel it is much more accurate than the
others.
I plan to release it under GPL.

Please try it out and let me know if you find it useful.

You can find it at http://duf.sourceforge.net/watchwan/

As you are asking for feedback - It fails to see the wireless card I
use to connect to my router/modem.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old April 2nd 06, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote
in message
kksid submitted this idea :
Hi folks,
I found that utilities like DU-Meter or Netmeter are
not very accurate in calculating my broadband usage, so
I coded an utility of my own. It is built over WinPcap library, the
one that is used
by well known sniffers like Ethereal, and I feel it is
much more accurate than the others.
I plan to release it under GPL.

Please try it out and let me know if you find it useful.

You can find it at http://duf.sourceforge.net/watchwan/

As you are asking for feedback - It fails to see the
wireless card I use to connect to my router/modem.

It does say this on the page..!

"Wireless adapters not supported for now. This is a known issue with
WinPcap"
Ivor (G6URP)