Sipgate + PAP2 "Can't connect to login server"

Old April 1st 06, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

Default Sipgate + PAP2 "Can't connect to login server"

Hi,
Just bought a PAP2-UK unlocked and setting up Sipgate. PAP2 is running
a fixed internal IP address 192.168.1.254 behind a WRT54G with the DMZ
set to the PAP2 IP. My PAP2 had default factory settings and I
followed the limited setup instructions on Sipgate. I can get
everything working ok using the soft phone to test number 10000 and
credit number 10200 so my account is ok. I've not put any credit on my
account as yet but I don't believe I need to to get passed the "Can't
connect to login server" msg on the PAP2.

Having been googling for help I find suggestions for other settings.
Do I need to do more than on sipgates setup page over the default
settings ? Does anyone have a complete guide on the settings if you
do. Any other tips on how to get going ? TIA
Nick
Old April 1st 06, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

Ignore ! I'd missed out the primary DNS as my router IP. My status is
now 'offline'

Old April 1st 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Bleh" wrote in message

Ignore ! I'd missed out the primary DNS as my router IP.
My status is now 'offline'

Shouldn't that be "online" ?!

If you want to test outgoing calls to another Sipgate number, my speaking
clock is on 1431320. It cuts off after 30 seconds so don't panic..!

Ivor

PS could you not top post in this group, many thanks :-)

Old April 1st 06, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

Offline until I make a call then online

I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
out I'll have a play a bit more.

Have you got a dial plan for sipgate ?

Old April 1st 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

Sipgate SQL server seems to be down now....

PS what do you mean top post ?

Old April 1st 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

wrote:

Offline until I make a call then online

I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
out I'll have a play a bit more.

Have you got a dial plan for sipgate ?

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 14:22:37 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Bleh" wrote in message
om
Ignore ! I'd missed out the primary DNS as my router IP.
My status is now 'offline'

Shouldn't that be "online" ?!

If you want to test outgoing calls to another Sipgate number, my speaking
clock is on 1431320. It cuts off after 30 seconds so don't panic..!

Ivor

PS could you not top post in this group, many thanks :-)

Sorry with you on top posting...apoligies
Old April 1st 06, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Bleh wrote:
Offline until I make a call then online

I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
out I'll have a play a bit more.

You should still be able to call his clock without any credit.
Old April 1st 06, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:58:59 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
wrote:

Bleh wrote:
Offline until I make a call then online

I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
out I'll have a play a bit more.

You should still be able to call his clock without any credit.

Good point. Need to sort out my dial plan as dialing even sipgate
doesnt work at the moment.
Old April 1st 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

Bleh wrote:
Offline until I make a call then online

I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a
security code but the website won't accept it.
Incoming works fine though. When I can call out I'll
have a play a bit more.

You should still be able to call his clock without any
credit.

Good point. Need to sort out my dial plan as dialing even
sipgate doesnt work at the moment.

You shouldn't really need much of a dial plan for Sipgate, all I have in
my Sipura SPA-2000 which is all but identical to the PAP2 is (*xx|xx.)

Ivor

Old April 2nd 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

wrote:

Bleh wrote:
Offline until I make a call then online

I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a
security code but the website won't accept it.
Incoming works fine though. When I can call out I'll
have a play a bit more.

You should still be able to call his clock without any
credit.

Good point. Need to sort out my dial plan as dialing even
sipgate doesnt work at the moment.

You shouldn't really need much of a dial plan for Sipgate, all I have in
my Sipura SPA-2000 which is all but identical to the PAP2 is (*xx|xx.)

Ivor

That got me working, thanks. Got sipgate and voipbuster, its pretty
good so far.