Asterisk error when adding fxo to zapata.conf

Old April 1st 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Glenn Robinson

Default Asterisk error when adding fxo to zapata.conf

Hello,

Asterisk 1.2.3
Zaptel 1.2.2
Wildcard TDM400P REV I

Port 3 is fxo
Port 4 is fxs

I've had this working for a couple of months now with just the fxs
module installed. I've now added the fxo module so i've added the
following to the end of /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

signalling=fxo_ks
channel = 3

When I restart asterisk I get an error saying:

Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe
Junk at the beginning 49443303

I've seen a couple of things on the web saying use noload chan_oss.so
but I already have that in my modules.conf file.

If I comment out the line channel = 3 asterisk loads but, obvously, I
don't have my channel 3 available.

ztcfg shows

Channel 03: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configured.

Any ideas what's causing this problem?

Thanks

Glenn