Regional Settings

Old April 1st 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Default Regional Settings

Having not been able to find any regional settings for my various voip
kit on the internet, I've put up a small site to catalogue these.

(It's very basic atm. and has only been tested with firefox and opera,
so probably doesn't work very well with IE).

I've put it at:

http://www.phones.sanguinarius.co.uk

I know that it needs more work put into it to look pretty (hey, I only
started it today), but any submissions would be appreciated.

I haven't included all my kit (that would involve taking some of it out
of the wrappers or finding where they got buried in the loft), but iot's
a good start.
Old April 1st 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message
Having not been able to find any regional settings for my
various voip kit on the internet, I've put up a small
site to catalogue these.

(It's very basic atm. and has only been tested with
firefox and opera, so probably doesn't work very well
with IE).

I've put it at:

http://www.phones.sanguinarius.co.uk

I know that it needs more work put into it to look pretty
(hey, I only started it today), but any submissions would
be appreciated.

I haven't included all my kit (that would involve taking
some of it out of the wrappers or finding where they got
buried in the loft), but iot's a good start.

Well done Thomas, it is indeed a good start. The only one I have that
could possibly be added is the Sipura SPA-2000 but that's indentical to
the PAP2 from what I gather. The AVM Fritz!Box Fon I have doesn't have any
means of setting regional parameters, above telling it which country
you're in (I've got used to a German dial tone now..!) so no help there
I'm afraid.

Ivor

Old April 1st 06, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message
[...]

I've got an AT-320 EE that's more-or-less the same (only you can upload
ringtones to it, but no-one seems to know what format they need to be in.)
Old April 1st 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Ivor Jones wrote:

Well done Thomas, it is indeed a good start. The only one I have that
could possibly be added is the Sipura SPA-2000 but that's indentical to
the PAP2 from what I gather. The AVM Fritz!Box Fon I have doesn't have any
means of setting regional parameters, above telling it which country
you're in (I've got used to a German dial tone now..!) so no help there
I'm afraid.

Ivor

Well, if you have the UK settings for the PAP2/SPA2K (I don't) ...
Old April 1st 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in
message
Ivor Jones wrote:

Well done Thomas, it is indeed a good start. The only
one I have that could possibly be added is the Sipura
SPA-2000 but that's indentical to the PAP2 from what I
gather. The AVM Fritz!Box Fon I have doesn't have any
means of setting regional parameters, above telling it
which country you're in (I've got used to a German dial
tone now..!) so no help there I'm afraid.

Ivor

Well, if you have the UK settings for the PAP2/SPA2K (I
don't) ...

I'll double check the settings you have on the site against mine and let
you know the difference.

Ivor

Old April 1st 06, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Ivor Jones wrote:

Well, if you have the UK settings for the PAP2/SPA2K (I
don't) ...

I'll double check the settings you have on the site against mine and let
you know the difference.

Ivor

Actually thinking about it, I'm not sure that I used a virgin PAP2 to
get the settings from, I'll need to check next time I'm not busy.
Old April 2nd 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Well, if you have the UK settings for the PAP2/SPA2K (I don't) ...

There's a pdf of them on he

http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html

Tim
Old April 2nd 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Sandford

"Tim Bray" wrote in message
Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Well, if you have the UK settings for the PAP2/SPA2K (I don't) ...

There's a pdf of them on he

http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html

Excellent resource, thanks Tim.

I might finally get the other side of my PBX long-line extension going
now!!!

--
Thomas Sandford