Help with BT Voyager 205 on TalkTalk

Old April 2nd 06, 10:51 AM
Gabriel Moreno Gabriel Moreno is offline
Junior Member

Post Help with BT Voyager 205 on TalkTalk

Hi all,

I'm a former BT client who got a Voyager 205 modem/router. In order to go broadband wireless at home I bought an Ethernet enabled Linksys.

The person I live with now is signed up with TalkTalk, which uses the speedtouch usb modem and, as opposed to BT broadband, requires signing up everytime you want to go online.

Now that I've tried to use the BT modem with the new ISP so all of us can browse the web at the same time my laptop does recognize the modem, it gets an IP address and tells me it is connected at 100 Mbps but fails to go online. Obviously, TalkTalk tells me they won't provide technical support for modems other than theirs.

Would you please provide advise on how to configure the Voyager 205 so I can use it with the Linksys wireless router?
Old April 2nd 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve @ Aceinternet

Default Help with BT Voyager 205 on TalkTalk

Hi

Make sure you only have DHCP (if this is what you are using) turned on on
the Voyager and not the Linksys too.

Make sure both routers are in the same IP range and give them both a static
IP address -

eg

Set the Voyager on 192.168.0.1 and the linksys 192.168.0.2 and set the DHCP
range to be 192.168.0.10 to 192.168.0.50

If not using DHCP give all the PC's internal addresses 192.168.0.3 onwards
and make sure the defualt gateway is set to 192.168.0.1 for the voyager
router.

If using XP, go to run and type CMD

In the command window type ipconfig

Make sure the default gateway is the IP of the Voyager and not the Linksys
router.

Steve
Unlimited broadband from just 16.99 a month!
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e:

"Gabriel Moreno" wrote in
message .. .

--
Gabriel Moreno

Old April 2nd 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 10:51:42 +0100, Gabriel Moreno
wrote:

Hi all,

I'm a former BT client who got a Voyager 205 modem/router. In order to
go broadband wireless at home I bought an Ethernet enabled Linksys.

The person I live with now is signed up with TalkTalk, which uses the
speedtouch usb modem and, as opposed to BT broadband, requires signing
up everytime you want to go online.

Now that I've tried to use the BT modem with the new ISP so all of us
can browse the web at the same time my laptop does recognize the modem,
it gets an IP address and tells me it is connected at 100 Mbps but fails
to go online. Obviously, TalkTalk tells me they won't provide technical
support for modems other than theirs.

Would you please provide advise on how to configure the Voyager 205 so
I can use it with the Linksys wireless router?

Assuming the voyager/linksys combination worked on BT, it would appear
to be a sign-in problem. The BT install procedure (for a voyager 105
and probably for a 205) sets the username/password sequence for the
connection - so, have you replaced the BT details with the TalkTalk
details (either in the 205 setup or the software control)?

Sorry not to be more specific, but I don't have the hardware but the
105 control software/driver does contain the username/password and
it's been uninstalled on my setup, so fine detail forgotton.

PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap. If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.