Wanted fast ISP for on line play??

Old April 2nd 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
spammerbin

Default Wanted fast ISP for on line play??

Hi All,

I currently with Pipex 1meg Solo and due their "could not give a crap
attitude" I'm looking for another ISP.

Pipex cripple bittorrent, As a linux and Unix user thats bad but that was
easy to get around ;0). I also play on line games and get terrible lag with
Pipex (my mate joins the same game under Demon and gets no lag).

Also Pipex offers a much better package for new customers but I can't have
it??? So stuff them they lose out not me.

They have poor customer support as it takes over a week for them to reply to
emails and then it's just a cut'n'paste reply (the last email took 10 days
to reply to).

Demon are offering for 20 a 2meg unlimited (yeah right) package, this is
what my mates on but they will not handle migration for that package. They
called and said I can migrate to the 25 package instead (it look like they
include a wireless router)

So I looking for a ISP thats fast for on line play, around 2Meg and I don't
mind starting a new 12 month contract if a wireless ADSL router is included.

With so many ISP's out there any that fit the about bill? (fast on line
speed is a must :0) ), currently I'm thinking Demon but the fact I can't
migrate to the 20 package puts me off (thats assuming if Pipex plays ball
and gives me a MAC code when I ask :0/ )

Thanks All

Old April 2nd 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pooter

spammerbin ] said

Also Pipex offers a much better package for new customers but I can't have
it??? So stuff them they lose out not me.

The new packages *are* available to current customers....
Old April 2nd 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 17:10:32 +0100, "spammerbin"
wrote:

So I looking for a ISP thats fast for on line play

Post some IP addresses for game servers that you frequently use and
ask for pings / traceroutes from other users. This should help you
work out what's quick and what's not.

--
Address munged but valid - remove mungbeans.
Old April 3rd 06, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DubDriver

pooter wrote:
|| spammerbin ] said
||| Also Pipex offers a much better package for new customers but I
||| can't have it??? So stuff them they lose out not me.
|| The new packages *are* available to current customers....

How? I rang them last week and they said "no" ... or is it a case of
depending on who you get through to?

Old April 3rd 06, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
spammerbin

|| The new packages *are* available to current customers....

Really????

I got off the phone to them after a 35 minute wait, the answer was send them
a fax and see what they can do, I have no fax I told them
the guy said go to a corner store lol.

I said it would be easier if you just gave me a MAC code, so "maybe" you can
have the same package - if your willing to do all that.

And yes it had to be a fax, no email, no phone

Pipex Support is very poor, and they didn't say I could have the same
package.