A second website

Old April 3rd 06, 01:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

Default A second website

I am on BT Broadband.
I already have one website.

What do I do or what is the procedure for setting up a second website?

And will I have to pay for it? The first site costs me nothing.
----
Reg.

Old April 3rd 06, 07:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 3 Apr 2006 01:28, "Reg Edwards" wrote:

What do I do or what is the procedure for setting up a second website?

There are a number of ways to have different web "sites" and some may
cost cash, others can be free. You can find some services offering
free web hosting in newsgroup alt.freewebhosting (Note that some
give free hosting in return for placing adverts on the web pages,
or displaying your website pages in frames, or having pop-up ads)

However, there have been web hosting services offering completely
free hosting, without adverts, or others have minimal impact, eg
displaying an advert or two at the end of web pages, so they're
not making a big nuisance with flashing banners or pop-ups...
(see http://www.onlytwodollars.com/ which has free hosting as
well as $2 and $5/month... on Ebay there are also some deals that
cost just $9.95/year so might work fine for you (and you can also
register g4fgq.info for about 2 pounds/ US$3 if you wished)

And will I have to pay for it? The first site costs me nothing.

It's also possible to use the existing web space (depends on why
you want a second site) by adding a directory and having all the
pages of the second site held there, and its sub-directories. A
number of domain registration firms offer "web redirection" that
would provide for a domain to access pages off an existing site.
Old April 3rd 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

[...]

Thanks for food for thought.
----
Reg.