PSTN call number on voip line?

Old April 3rd 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woggle

Default PSTN call number on voip line?

I've recently setup my spa 3000 working perfectly on voip.co.uk

I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to force change
the number showing when I dial out. For example, if I dial out using
the voip line it comes up say 99999. However, my BT line is say 111111
and I'd like this to show up when calling out (although using the voip
line).

The reason for this is that we've just moved house and already told
people our new number which I'd like to keep. However, if I ring
people's mobiles at the moment it comes up with an unrecognised number
(i.e. 99999).

Does anyone know whether this is possible in the spa 3000?

Thanks,

Old April 3rd 06, 03:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Woggle wrote:
I've recently setup my spa 3000 working perfectly on voip.co.uk

I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to force change
the number showing when I dial out. For example, if I dial out using
the voip line it comes up say 99999. However, my BT line is say 111111
and I'd like this to show up when calling out (although using the voip
line).

The reason for this is that we've just moved house and already told
people our new number which I'd like to keep. However, if I ring
people's mobiles at the moment it comes up with an unrecognised number
(i.e. 99999).

Does anyone know whether this is possible in the spa 3000?

It's not down to the adaptor, but down to your provider. They are
setting the caller id when you dial out, so when you dial out via
voip.co.uk, they're probably using the number they gave you as the
caller id.

Some providers will allow you to use an alternative caller id when you
dial out. We do this.

cheers
peter

Old April 3rd 06, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Peter Gradwell wrote:
Woggle wrote:
[...]

As do voip.co.uk, only theirs seems to be a bit broken (but fine for
what you want to use if for).
You will need to fax over proof that the phone number belongs to you
before voip.co.uk will let you use it for caller id, and iirc they
charge a one-off fee of £5.88, (see Outgoing Caller ID in the control
panel and the sip account you are using in Your Sip Accounts).