networking

Old April 3rd 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
chris

Default networking

i have a big pc running xp pro and a laptop running xp home they are
both connected using a wireless router but using network setup wizard
it will not let me connect to each other and share files and printers.

can someone please help

and give me information on what software to use to do it with

thanks
chris

Old April 3rd 06, 08:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article .com,
chris says...
i have a big pc running xp pro and a laptop running xp home they are
both connected using a wireless router but using network setup wizard
it will not let me connect to each other and share files and printers.

can someone please help

and give me information on what software to use to do it with

Windows XP. It's all there. What errors are you getting?

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.
Old April 4th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On 3 Apr 2006 10:10:57 -0700, "chris" wrote:

i have a big pc running xp pro and a laptop running xp home they are
both connected using a wireless router but using network setup wizard
it will not let me connect to each other and share files and printers.

can someone please help

and give me information on what software to use to do it with

I usually find that the easiest and quickest way is to go to Start,
Find, computers or people, computers on a network and then enter the
NAME of the other computer.

If it is found just click on it.

Geoff Lane