DSL MAX

Old April 3rd 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WS19UK

Default DSL MAX

DSL MAX was enabled on my line this morning and I'm seeing between
5.5MB and 6.5MB depending on the type of modem I use a Zyxel has been
the most succesfull followed by a speed touch and a vigor.
The intriguing thing is that the max download speed is 1440 kbps which
is pretty hopeless.
Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Old April 3rd 06, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"WS19UK" wrote in message
oups.com...
DSL MAX was enabled on my line this morning and I'm seeing between
5.5MB and 6.5MB depending on the type of modem I use a Zyxel has been
the most succesfull followed by a speed touch and a vigor.
The intriguing thing is that the max download speed is 1440 kbps which
is pretty hopeless.
Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

This may be unconnected in your case, but certainly worth noting. There is
nothing to say that this applies to A&A only

http://aaisp.blogspot.com/2006/04/bt...max-lines.html

Old April 3rd 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WS19UK

Thanks Nicola, looks like this is similar to A&A's experience.
Will reboot tomorrow and see what it's like

Old April 4th 06, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
amstereofan

"WS19UK" wrote in message
oups.com...
DSL MAX was enabled on my line this morning and I'm seeing between
5.5MB and 6.5MB depending on the type of modem I use a Zyxel has been
the most succesfull followed by a speed touch and a vigor.
The intriguing thing is that the max download speed is 1440 kbps which
is pretty hopeless.
Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

1440 kbps ? This sounds far MORE than what you shoud get or do you mean
144kbps ? With a 2 meg connection my d/l speed is nrmally around 240k

Old April 4th 06, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Herber

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 00:23:31 +0100, "amstereofan"
wrote:

"WS19UK" wrote in message
roups.com...
DSL MAX was enabled on my line this morning and I'm seeing between
5.5MB and 6.5MB depending on the type of modem I use a Zyxel has been
the most succesfull followed by a speed touch and a vigor.
The intriguing thing is that the max download speed is 1440 kbps which
is pretty hopeless.
Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

1440 kbps ? This sounds far MORE than what you shoud get or do you mean
144kbps ? With a 2 meg connection my d/l speed is nrmally around 240k

b = bits
B = bytes

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
Visio Utilities http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/
Old April 4th 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob L

On 3 Apr 2006 13:18:27 -0700, "WS19UK" wrote:

DSL MAX was enabled on my line this morning and I'm seeing between
5.5MB and 6.5MB depending on the type of modem I use a Zyxel has been
the most succesfull followed by a speed touch and a vigor.
The intriguing thing is that the max download speed is 1440 kbps which
is pretty hopeless.
Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

My 8M connection was enabled over night, the modem confirms it is
connected at that rate (8192/448kbps), (I am only 100yards from the
exchange) but using the ADSL Guide speed tester it only shows that my
download speeds are equivalent to a 2M connection.

Have e-mailed ZEN with my results and queries.

Will post any info when received.

BL

Old April 4th 06, 08:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charlie Drake

Bob L wrote:
Have e-mailed ZEN with my results and queries.

Will post any info when received.

BL

Apparently it takes up to 10 days to adapt to the most stable speed.

Charlie
Old April 4th 06, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Charlie Drake wrote:

Have e-mailed ZEN with my results and queries.

Will post any info when received.

Apparently it takes up to 10 days to adapt to the most stable speed.

AAISP customers appear to be experiencing something similar - see
section "Initial rate cap on Max lines" he- http://aaisp.blogspot.com/

Old April 4th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

I understand that BT Wholesale have to make the rate change to enable higher
downloads. This is normally expected to happen within 75mins of the regrade
but because of numbers may take up to about 3 days. See www.adslguide.org.uk
for information on this.
Alan

Old April 4th 06, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WS19UK

Apparently the rate will be averaged over a 3 day period and set at
that point. It is then reviewed every 3 days and the rate adjusted to
the average speed at that point for another 3 day period....