VoIP providers and bluetooth

Old April 4th 06, 02:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stan

Default VoIP providers and bluetooth

Hi

I'm pretty new to this VoIP business. I have recently started a business
and am using my residential phone much to my secretar... oops wife's
despair. So I been thinking of getting a local number for VoIP for business
use.

Question is
1. Which provider do I go for??? I'm anticipating only a small amount of
outgoing calls mainly incoming.
2. It would be great to use my Bluetooth headset with my laptop for calls.
Do you have to use wired hardware with any/all of the providers?

TIA
Stan

Old April 4th 06, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

"1. Which provider do I go for??? I'm anticipating only a small amount
of
outgoing calls mainly incoming. "

what sort of incoming number do you want - geographical, 0845, 087x etc

"2. It would be great to use my Bluetooth headset with my laptop for
calls.
Do you have to use wired hardware with any/all of the providers?"

It would ? each to his own. You can use software phones with virtually
all providers.

Phil

Old April 4th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 4 Apr 2006 01:07:07 -0700, "PhilT" wrote:

"1. Which provider do I go for??? I'm anticipating only a small amount
of
outgoing calls mainly incoming. "

On the incoming side I'd go for voipfone.co.uk
Good voicemail, call waiting, 1471, caller display and a relatively
reliable service.
Outgoing: Depends what you want to do. You can keep shopping around.
For example. If you register with sipdiscount.com the current rate for
UK calls is FREE. I don't know how reliable they are. The subscription
expires too but if you make plenty of calls over the period then
you'll be in pocket.
voip.co.uk is worth looking at too.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old April 4th 06, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

PhilT wrote :
"1. Which provider do I go for??? I'm anticipating only a small amount
of
outgoing calls mainly incoming. "

what sort of incoming number do you want - geographical, 0845, 087x etc

"2. It would be great to use my Bluetooth headset with my laptop for
calls.
Do you have to use wired hardware with any/all of the providers?"

It would ? each to his own. You can use software phones with virtually
all providers.

Phil

What've you done to your newsreader's quoting settings? Finding very
difficult to distinguish your comments from the original post.

:')

Old April 5th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

"What've you done to your newsreader's quoting settings? Finding very
difficult to distinguish your comments from the original post."

www.specsavers.co.uk

The quotes were between quotes " " :-)

Its Google Groups I'm trying out. Not a proper newsreader.

Phil

Old April 5th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com
"What've you done to your newsreader's quoting settings?
Finding very difficult to distinguish your comments from
the original post."

www.specsavers.co.uk

The quotes were between quotes " " :-)

Its Google Groups I'm trying out. Not a proper newsreader.

Phil

Moira Stewart, now *there's* a proper newsreader ;-)

Ivor