Can anyone explain these SNR figures?

Old April 4th 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nemesis

Default Can anyone explain these SNR figures?

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 22.6 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 28.9 22.0 dB
Errored Seconds 0 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 0 0
Data Rate 2272 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Are these typical or poor?

Cheers,
--
Nemesis

Old April 4th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 4 Apr 2006, "Nemesis" wrote:

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 22.6 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 28.9 22.0 dB

Are these typical or poor?

I don't think there ever is a "typical" because the readings will depend
on the ADSL modem (even two from the same maker might give different!),
and the conditions on the line at the time.

All looks fine to me on the readings you have. I have higher Downstream
margin, lower up, and a higher downstream attenuation, slightly lower up.
After a period of time, my router (Origo 4-port for these readings) has a
number of errors reported, but cannot say I've noticed them affecting use:

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 31.5 26.0 dB
Line Attenuation 34.8 20.0 dB
Errored Seconds 31 0
CRC Errors 43 0

--
A few GB a month (at up to 8000 kbps) for 14.99 ? Yes!
See http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4 I'm happy to save cash!
Old April 4th 06, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Disorder

"Nemesis" wrote in message
no, cos your a [email protected] as you nicked someone's nickname...

Old April 4th 06, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:21:40 +0100, "Nemesis"
wrote:

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 22.6 31.0 dB
Line Attenuation 28.9 22.0 dB
Errored Seconds 0 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 0 0
Data Rate 2272 288 kbps
Latency FAST FAST

Are these typical or poor?

That depends on your line length.

There is no such thing as "typical" values.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
The calm confidence of a Christian with four Aces. - M.Twain
Old April 4th 06, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nemesis

Disorder wrote:
"Nemesis" wrote in message
no, cos your a [email protected] as you nicked someone's nickname...

It's *you're a *****, you cretinous retard.

HTH

--
Nemesis