Ping Ivor...

Old April 4th 06, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

Default Ping Ivor...

Bought the Fritz!Box Fon WLAN. Now the prob is to setup the whole network.
Are you on BY Broadband too? I need some help...

TNX!

--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid
Old April 4th 06, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"▀°dincÁs▓║║║" wrote in message
er.co.uk
Bought the Fritz!Box Fon WLAN. Now the prob is to setup
the whole network. Are you on BY Broadband too? I need
some help...

TNX!

I have the non wireless version but IIRC the only difference apart from
that is yours has 2 Ethernet ports, am I right..?

Is it set up so you can access the internet ok..? If you have the latest
version of the firmware then there is a configuration wizard to help you
set up the basics. I'm on Wanadoo or whatever it's calling itself this
week so can't help with anything specific to BY but let me know.

Ivor

Old April 4th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

It was Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:21:48 +0100, and Ivor Jones popped the nose
over the fence around uk.telecom.voip, and said...

|"▀°dincÁs▓║║║" wrote in message
der.co.uk
| Bought the Fritz!Box Fon WLAN. Now the prob is to setup
| the whole network. Are you on BY Broadband too? I need
| some help...
|
| TNX!
|
|I have the non wireless version but IIRC the only difference apart from
|that is yours has 2 Ethernet ports, am I right..?

Nope, just one ETH port. It's the FON WLAN model. ADSL x1, ETH x 1, USB x
1, ISDN x 1, TEL x 2.

|Is it set up so you can access the internet ok..? If you have the latest
|version of the firmware then there is a configuration wizard to help you
|set up the basics. I'm on Wanadoo or whatever it's calling itself this
|week so can't help with anything specific to BY but let me know.

You are on a regular ADSL connection, then you are using the AVM ADSL
modem. I am not, being on BY cablemodem I must disable the internal ADSL
modem and run the AVM in ATA mode.
The prob is that the cablemodem is a DHCP server, and gives one (and only
one) public IP to any DHCP client that asks for it.
Once the AVM has got the public IP, I can't reach him anymore 'coz I can't
configure a PC to use any IP in the same subnet!!! The AVM doesn't have an
"WAN" (public IP port) and a "LAN" (private IP port).
I'm stuck!

WTF...

--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid
Old April 4th 06, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"▀°dincÁs▓║║║" wrote in message
er.co.uk
It was Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:21:48 +0100, and Ivor Jones
popped the nose over the fence around uk.telecom.voip,
and said...

"▀°dincÁs▓║║║" wrote in message
er.co.uk
[...]

Hmm, that is a problem. I will see what I can find out, leave it with me.

Ivor

WTF...

Old April 4th 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DJ

In message , Ivor Jones
writes

"├č├Şdinc╬╝s▓║║║" wrote in message
der.co.uk
It was Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:21:48 +0100, and Ivor Jones
popped the nose over the fence around uk.telecom.voip,
and said...

"├č├Şdinc╬╝s▓║║║" wrote in message
er.co.uk
[...]

Get a cheap router and put that on the ethernet connection to your cable
modem, WAN port of Router.
Then connect the LAN side of router to your AVM box after setting a
static IP in the AVM box.
Then put that static IP in the DMZ of the cheap router.
Then you can use all the other 3 ports on the cheap router for your
Local Lan PC's.

--
DJ
Old April 5th 06, 01:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"DJ" wrote in message

[snip]

Get a cheap router and put that on the ethernet
connection to your cable modem, WAN port of Router.
Then connect the LAN side of router to your AVM box after
setting a static IP in the AVM box.
Then put that static IP in the DMZ of the cheap router.
Then you can use all the other 3 ports on the cheap
router for your Local Lan PC's.

Yes that's one way of doing it I suppose but there should be a better
way..! Still thinking about it..

Ivor

Old April 5th 06, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
tollgate

Surely if you are on Blueyonder, you should have bought the Fritz!box
ATA broadband router. You can then use this with a seperate wireless
access point and a switch to connect your other devices. I'm on
Blueyonder and it's what I've used in the past.

Steve

Old April 7th 06, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

It was Wed, 5 Apr 2006 01:49:24 +0100, and Ivor Jones popped the nose

|"DJ" wrote in message

|[snip]
|
| Get a cheap router and put that on the ethernet
| connection to your cable modem, WAN port of Router.
| Then connect the LAN side of router to your AVM box after
| setting a static IP in the AVM box.
| Then put that static IP in the DMZ of the cheap router.
| Then you can use all the other 3 ports on the cheap
| router for your Local Lan PC's.
|
|Yes that's one way of doing it I suppose but there should be a better
|way..! Still thinking about it..
|
|Ivor

Stop pulling your hair out, lads!
Found the way... All set up and running.
Just gave up to use the Ethernet connection on the box for internal use,
it's dedicated to the connection to the cablemodem.
All PC's are now on WLAN, and that's it. 802.11g++ (105 Mbps) is far
enough, me thinks.
Moreover, as I've a spare ethernet switch, I've set up a "double tier"
network: TCP/IP on WLAN for Internet/VoIP purposes, and NetBEUI on Ethernet
LAN for net sharing. As the NetBEUI protocol is non-routable, it's safe and
unreachable from outside.
A bit quirky, but once set up works like a charm.

Thank you both.

--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid
Old April 7th 06, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

It was 5 Apr 2006 00:22:50 -0700, and tollgate popped the nose
over the fence around uk.telecom.voip, and said...
|Surely if you are on Blueyonder, you should have bought the Fritz!box
|ATA broadband router. You can then use this with a seperate wireless
|access point and a switch to connect your other devices. I'm on
|Blueyonder and it's what I've used in the past.
|
|Steve

All done and dusted, Steve.

Read my other reply for the details.

Thanks for your help!

--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid

O/T Pinging Ivor Jones [email protected] uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 7 October 23rd 05 12:02 AM
FAO IVOR JONES RE : VONAGE BigDaddy uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 13 September 20th 05 06:44 PM
Ping: Ivor Jono uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 September 7th 05 07:22 PM
fao ivor uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 21 August 17th 05 02:23 PM
Ping? fatty uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 14 January 25th 04 02:19 AM