ADSL Max and lead time...

Old April 5th 06, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nemesis

Default ADSL Max and lead time...

I was wondering with ADSL Max being launched, will the lead time for new
ADSL (Broadband) accounts change from say 10 days to 5 days ect ?

Old April 5th 06, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason Clifford

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, nemesis wrote:

I was wondering with ADSL Max being launched, will the lead time for new
ADSL (Broadband) accounts change from say 10 days to 5 days ect ?

So far new account orders are being processed in the usual 5 to 7 working
days but upgrade orders haven't happened yet so I cannot tell how long
they are taking.

BT are taking longer to respond to orders than usual from what I can see.

How things will be from the end of the month when the bulk upgrade orders
start remains to be seen. Given the limits set on the number of orders
that can be placed I suspect we wont see significant delays to orders.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/ up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just 14.98

Old April 5th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

My order went through yesterday early morning and since then have been
syncing with my exchange at 8128 downstream and 448 upstream. BUT Bt do seem
to be capping download speeds for most at 2 meg. Advice from ISP at the
moment is that this should be sorted out within 3 days. I do understand that
some with lower sync speeds (ie further from the exchange) are getting some
download speeds over their original limit and indeed over 2 meg, but these
speeds do fluctuate a lot. There is apparently a 10 day period for exchange
equipment to sort out the most stable speed for each line.
Alan

Old April 5th 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nemesis

"Alan" wrote in message
My order went through yesterday early morning and since then have been
syncing with my exchange at 8128 downstream and 448 upstream. BUT Bt do
seem to be capping download speeds for most at 2 meg. Advice from ISP at
the moment is that this should be sorted out within 3 days. I do
understand that some with lower sync speeds (ie further from the exchange)
are getting some download speeds over their original limit and indeed
over 2 meg, but these speeds do fluctuate a lot. There is apparently a 10
day period for exchange equipment to sort out the most stable speed for
each line.
Alan

What do you mean by order when through yesterday?
Is that when you placed the order or when you went live?

Old April 5th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

He means his order which he had placed had been processed and now ADSL MAX
is enabled on his line.

A few ISP's already have some customers regraded onto MAX particularly ZEN.

Dan