ProVu / DialPlan

Old April 6th 06, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Default ProVu / DialPlan

Just poking around a ProVu 1100 ATA with FXS and FXO port.

It comes with a preset dial plan :-

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

anyone speak klingon help with this ?

Phil

Old April 6th 06, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

PhilT wrote:
Just poking around a ProVu 1100 ATA with FXS and FXO port.

It comes with a preset dial plan :-

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

anyone speak klingon help with this ?

Phil

klington?

What would you like to be able to do with your dial plan?
Old April 6th 06, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

PhilT wrote:
Just poking around a ProVu 1100 ATA with FXS and FXO port.

It comes with a preset dial plan :-

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

anyone speak klingon help with this ?

Phil

*xx allows you to use the "star codes" for things like call transfers.
It is matched by dialling an asterisk followed by exactly 2 digits.

[3469]11 matches 311, 411, 611, 911 and is for US style emergency
services and other stuff.

0 and 00 speak for themselves (hopefully!)

[2-9]xxxxxx is any digit from 2 to 9 followed by any 6 digits and is for
US style local numbers

1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 is for US style international numbers. The S0 bit
means send straight away without waiting for more digits at the end as
soon as someone has dialling in this many numbers.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. is 11 or more digits.

As you can see this is all US based. The syntax is pretty much the same
as Sipura ATAs.

A dialplan of:

(*xx | xx.) will basically let you dial any number plus star codes.

Paul.

Old April 6th 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Paul Hayes wrote:

*xx allows you to use the "star codes" for things like call transfers.
It is matched by dialling an asterisk followed by exactly 2 digits.

[3469]11 matches 311, 411, 611, 911 and is for US style emergency
services and other stuff.

thanks for that. Does a "match" mean its allowed to dial, when a
mismatch would be blocked ? or is there some further fetch like numbers
matching go to VoIP and not matching to FXO port or .....

Phil

Old April 6th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

PhilT wrote:
Paul Hayes wrote:

*xx allows you to use the "star codes" for things like call transfers.
It is matched by dialling an asterisk followed by exactly 2 digits.

[3469]11 matches 311, 411, 611, 911 and is for US style emergency
services and other stuff.

thanks for that. Does a "match" mean its allowed to dial, when a
mismatch would be blocked ? or is there some further fetch like numbers
matching go to VoIP and not matching to FXO port or .....

Phil

Yes a number dialled should match the plan or not be allowed.

The ATA1100 is too simple to route calls to FXO, you just have to use
the button on top of the device to make calls over the FXO line. The
Sipura/Linksys 3000 can do this in the dialplan.

In reality you can just set your dialplan to the general one I gave in
the previous reply and then you can let your service provider deal with
whether you're allowed to dial that number of not. Although ideally
you'd configure a plan to suit your needs so that you're not using
bandwidth by sending out call requests for numbers that are incorrectly
dialled.

Paul.
Old April 7th 06, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
grumpy

The ATA1100 is too simple to route calls to FXO, you just have to use
the button on top of the device to make calls over the FXO line. The
Sipura/Linksys 3000 can do this in the dialplan.

In reality you can just set your dialplan to the general one I gave in the
previous reply and then you can let your service provider deal with
whether you're allowed to dial that number of not. Although ideally you'd
configure a plan to suit your needs so that you're not using bandwidth by
sending out call requests for numbers that are incorrectly dialled.

Paul.

Hi Paul
Sorry for jumping on the back of this enquiry but I have a similar problem
(earlier posting ata 1100. 04/04/06 14:21)
Im on telewest triple package(tv,telephone,4meg broadband) I have just
bought the provu 1100 because of its simplicity, it works perfectly until I
try to make a call over pstn. as soon as someone answers at the other end
the call is disconected.
If I disconnect the power supply to the unit, it phones out Ok
I have tried your suggested dial plan (*xx | xx.) but that doesnt solve my
problem.
Do you know of any other reason for this type of problem? or am I looking
maybe at a faulty unit.
I dont know if its a configuration error (done by voipfone wizard on their
site at sign up)
Is the telewest exchange in some way refuseing to talk to or connect my box.
Or is it the unit at fault (they supplied a faulty ata-pstn cable but they
have replaced this)
Being new to this Im really a fish out of water at the moment.

thanks

dave

Old April 7th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

grumpy wrote:

Im on telewest triple package(tv,telephone,4meg broadband) I have just
bought the provu 1100 because of its simplicity, it works perfectly until I
try to make a call over pstn. as soon as someone answers at the other end
the call is disconected.

doesn't happen with mine on a BT line calling 1471 or 1571 and getting
an answer.

If I press the button without doing anything else the LED flips over
for about 4 secs then goes back.

Phil

Old April 7th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
grumpy

..

doesn't happen with mine on a BT line calling 1471 or 1571 and getting
an answer.

If I press the button without doing anything else the LED flips over
for about 4 secs then goes back.

Phil

Hi Phil

If I 1471 it goes out no probem
If I 1571 it cuts out as it answers
I get the same response with the LED after 4 secs
Would you try to phone your own mobile for me please to see if you get a
permanent connection.
Im at a lose as to what to do next.
The only thing I can think of, is to take the ata to another address with a
BT line and try to use it from there in order to see if its something to do
with the TW exchange rejecting me

Sorry for posting direct to you Phil pressed the wrong button

dave

Old April 8th 06, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

grumpy wrote:

Would you try to phone your own mobile for me please to see if you get a
permanent connection.

called another landline and chatted happily.

Im at a lose as to what to do next.
The only thing I can think of, is to take the ata to another address with a
BT line and try to use it from there in order to see if its something to do
with the TW exchange rejecting me

makes sense.

Phil

Old April 8th 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
grumpy

"PhilT" wrote in message
ups.com...

grumpy wrote:

Would you try to phone your own mobile for me please to see if you get a
permanent connection.

called another landline and chatted happily.

Im at a lose as to what to do next.
The only thing I can think of, is to take the ata to another address with
BT line and try to use it from there in order to see if its something to
do
with the TW exchange rejecting me

makes sense.

Phil