Best Unlimited News Servers

Old April 7th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Burning_Ranger

Default Best Unlimited News Servers

What are the best 3 or 4 for unlimited news servers? I know giganews is
good but what otehrs are there?

Old April 7th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article .com,
Burning_Ranger says...
What are the best 3 or 4 for unlimited news servers? I know giganews is
good but what otehrs are there?

www.octanews.com for speed

www.giganews.com for retention

other offers out there. Avoid 100proofnews as it is a spam sewer, and
giving them money won't help cure that problem.

Octanews has lower retention but I like it for speed and completion.
There is also Supernews and various other reseller accounts you could
pick from.

This deal has been mentioned as being excellent value
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

Forte Agent reselling an unlimited deal for $14.75 pcm with unlimited
speed. I forget who it is who does the backend but apparently it's
cheaper than going direct to the provider.

FR
Old April 7th 06, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul C

http://www.newsgroupservers.net/

oups.com...

Old April 7th 06, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 7 Apr 2006 "Burning_Ranger" wrote:

What are the best 3 or 4 for unlimited news servers? I know giganews is
good but what otehrs are there?

Best check alt.binary.news-server-comparison but avoid some of the flame-
wars between different factions - sometimes limited signal over the noise!!

Lots seem to be resellers of the same service... from a post on a.b.n-s-c

This is by no means a complete list, and may contain errors:

Highwinds : Ngroups.NET, Usenet-News, Usenet.se, AnonyNews,
100proofnews, Newsgroups-Download, Buzzardnews

Newshosting : Atlantisnews, Newsgroupdirect, Newsdemon, Titannews,
Shared-Secrets, Usenetrocket, Usenet-Unlimited, UsenetGuide

Giganews : Surfino, Orangeusenet, Cheapnewsgroups, Rhinonewsgroups,
Powerusenet, Infinityusenet, UsenetGiant, FastUsenet

Supernews: Agent Premium Newsgroups , Usenext (?)

NNTPServer : Yottanews, Teranews, Bubbanews, UltraFeed

Newsfeeds (Alias Usenet.com , Binaries.net , Nuthinbutnews ,
Newsgroups.com): uncensorednewsfeed , thenewsgroups.com,
usenet-access (Alias My-Binaries) , Alibis

Usenetserver: FlashNewsgroups (Randori)

Looks like my choices of APN and Teranews are from Supernews (which
supplies the binaries for Metronet customers) and NNTPserver (that
was noted anyway because the account info included that name).
It seems Astraweb is separate from the above list... Peter M.

--
Quality e-mail... 10 GB mailbox, 1 GB files, 30 day free trial !
IMAP/SMTP/POP/WAP or point your MX. See http://2238.runbox.com
Old April 7th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Winkless

Burning_Ranger wrote:

What are the best 3 or 4 for unlimited news servers? I know giganews is
good but what otehrs are there?

I'd recommend easynews because of their incredible web front-end, which
includes a _global_ search page.

Geoff
Old April 7th 06, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 7 Apr 2006 Flying Rat wrote:

Avoid 100proofnews as it is a spam sewer

noted. thanks.
Old April 7th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steeler

"Geoff Winkless" ] wrote in message
.. .
Burning_Ranger wrote:

What are the best 3 or 4 for unlimited news servers? I know giganews is
good but what otehrs are there?

I'd recommend easynews because of their incredible web front-end, which
includes a _global_ search page.

A good service but hardly unlimited.

Old April 7th 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steeler

"Burning_Ranger" wrote in message
oups.com...
What are the best 3 or 4 for unlimited news servers? I know giganews is
good but what otehrs are there?

Only two choices IMO. Giganews 60 day retention and $25 a month or
newshosting 35 day retention for $15 a month.

Old April 7th 06, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:45:25 +0100, "Paul C"
wrote:

http://www.newsgroupservers.net/

"Burning_Ranger" wrote in message
roups.com...
What are the best 3 or 4 for unlimited news servers? I know giganews is
good but what otehrs are there?

I was shopping around too.

Tabulated these in order of cost/gig for approx $10/month

Currently use the Forte cheapest offering ($3/month for 7 gigs) just
for fills and find them excellent. Will probably stick with them.
Forte is provided by Supernews

gigs cost $ $/gig

Forte 50 9.95 0.20
Buzzard News 50 12.00 0.24
Newsguy 30 9.95 0.33
Eurofeeds 25 9.00 0.36
Newsdemon 30 11.49 0.38
EuroUsenet 25 9.99 0.40
newsgroupdirect 20 8.00 0.40
Astraweb 25 10.00 0.40
Easynews 20 9.98 0.50
UsenetNews 20 10.00 0.50
Giganews 25 12.99 0.52
Newsguy 15 10.00 0.67
Newsfeeds.com 25 19.95 0.80
Binaries.net 25 19.95 0.80
Usenet.com 10 8.95 0.90
NewsHosting 10 10.00 1.00
Supernews 10 10.95 1.10
News-Service 10 13.50 2.00

Phil
Old April 7th 06, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonston

On 7 Apr 2006 04:55:27 -0700, Burning_Ranger wrote:

What are the best 3 or 4 for unlimited news servers? I know giganews is
good but what otehrs are there?

Usenetserver http://www.usenetserver.com/ You can try them for 3 days for
$3. I've participated in a couple of their free weekend trials and was
quite impressed.