NTL Broadband - BT Phone Line - URGENT!

Old April 7th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

Default NTL Broadband - BT Phone Line - URGENT!

I am currently with Tiscali Broadband, but the service i had recieved
from them is appauling! I am now thinking of moving to NTL Broadband.
But do i need an NTL Line rental to do this?
I do not have any NTL services at the moment and all i want is the
Broadband Service.

Also, where do i plug the modem in? I plug half in the computer and
half into Where???

Old April 7th 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Andy:
I am currently with Tiscali Broadband, but the service i had recieved
from them is appauling! I am now thinking of moving to NTL
Broadband. But do i need an NTL Line rental to do this?
I do not have any NTL services at the moment and all i want is the
Broadband Service.

Also, where do i plug the modem in? I plug half in the computer and
half into Where???

Cable doesn't use the phone line to deliver broadband, it uses a co-ax
cable, so NTL will have to fit you a broadband faceplate this connects to
the cable modem.

I'm with Telewest and have no phone line at all just the broadband, not sure
if NTL force you to have a phone service from them, even though the
broadband doesn't use this.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old April 7th 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dellboy

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am currently with Tiscali Broadband, but the service i had recieved
from them is appauling! I am now thinking of moving to NTL Broadband.
But do i need an NTL Line rental to do this?

Nope, no need for NTL Phoneline.

Also, where do i plug the modem in? I plug half in the computer and
half into Where???

Have you ever had NTL or Ex C&W before? or a previous Tenant/Owner? Have a
scout about the house for a white faceplate, if you haven`t got this NTL
will run a Cable to the house free of charge..

Old April 7th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} pretended :

Cable doesn't use the phone line to deliver broadband, it uses a co-ax cable,
so NTL will have to fit you a broadband faceplate this connects to the cable
modem.

I'm with Telewest and have no phone line at all just the broadband, not sure
if NTL force you to have a phone service from them, even though the broadband
doesn't use this.

No requirement to have phone or TV - SABS "Stand Alone Broadband
Service" is what the OP needs to request.

For the OP:- NTL will install a Broadband Modem, which has two ports -
1 USB & 1 RJ45 (Ethernet). Use either to connect to your PC, preferably
ethernet.

Old April 7th 06, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jono:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} pretended :

Cable doesn't use the phone line to deliver broadband, it uses a
co-ax cable, so NTL will have to fit you a broadband faceplate this
connects to the cable modem.

I'm with Telewest and have no phone line at all just the broadband,
not sure if NTL force you to have a phone service from them, even
though the broadband doesn't use this.

No requirement to have phone or TV - SABS "Stand Alone Broadband
Service" is what the OP needs to request.

That's good, same as Telewest area.

Old April 7th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

"Dellboy" wrote in message

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am currently with Tiscali Broadband, but the service i had recieved
from them is appauling! I am now thinking of moving to NTL Broadband.
But do i need an NTL Line rental to do this?

Nope, no need for NTL Phoneline.

Also, where do i plug the modem in? I plug half in the computer and
half into Where???

Have you ever had NTL or Ex C&W before? or a previous Tenant/Owner? Have a
scout about the house for a white faceplate, if you haven`t got this NTL
will run a Cable to the house free of charge..

Assuming you're in an NTL area that is...

Old April 8th 06, 01:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Jono wrote in
k:

For the OP:- NTL will install a Broadband Modem, which has two
ports - 1 USB & 1 RJ45 (Ethernet). Use either to connect to your
PC, preferably ethernet.

Three ports actually - as above plus one to connect to the downstream
cable feed.
Old April 8th 06, 01:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am currently with Tiscali Broadband, but the service i had recieved
from them is appauling! I am now thinking of moving to NTL Broadband.
But do i need an NTL Line rental to do this?
I do not have any NTL services at the moment and all i want is the
Broadband Service.

Also, where do i plug the modem in? I plug half in the computer and
half into Where???

If you're certain about wanting to connect to NTL via your BT line, sign up
for TESCO broadband. They are an NTL reseller.
If you want NTL broadband you need to have it all installed and subscribe to
phone and TV services.

Old April 8th 06, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Youles

"john" wrote in message
:

If you're certain about wanting to connect to NTL via your BT line, sign up
for TESCO broadband. They are an NTL reseller.
If you want NTL broadband you need to have it all installed and subscribe to
phone and TV services.

Not quite - I have NTL broadband and telephone but not TV.

--
John Youles Norwich England UK

Old April 8th 06, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

john was thinking very hard :

If you want NTL broadband you need to have it all installed and subscribe to
phone and TV services.

Not quite, in fact not even close.

Broadband can be had standalone, as can telephone. TV requires phone
(actually, you can have TV standalone, however, you'd be charged the
same as if you had TV & phone)