Anyone seen this ATA before?

Old April 7th 06, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Walker

Default Anyone seen this ATA before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=9705667121

I've got one and it works nicely, but I've only set up the most basic
features.
I'd like to add a dial plan but have no idea how to go about it. There is no
brand name on it at all.

Thanks for any help!

Rob

Old April 7th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Rob Walker wrote:

Thanks for any help!

does the MAC code and
http://www.cavebear.com/CaveBear/Ethernet/vendor.html take you anywhere
?

Phil

Old April 7th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Walker

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rob Walker wrote:

Thanks for any help!

does the MAC code and
http://www.cavebear.com/CaveBear/Ethernet/vendor.html take you anywhere
?

Thanks for the link. The MAC address is 00:C0:02:1A:30:03:00 which is 2
digits too long for a start! I had to get this information from my DHCP
server as it's not printed anywhere on it or on the web interface. Your list
has the first 6 digits down as 'Sercomm Corporation'. Their website doesn't
list any VOIP products and I haven't turned up anything useful so far
anywhere else on the web. I suppose it's possible that they simply make the
ethernet interface used in this product.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'm using SIP Discount and I made my first
proper long call using VOIP yesterday. Despite using a crappy old phone and
this rather cheap ATA, the call was crystal clear and didn't suffer from any
of the drop outs I've previously had with Skype etc.

The fact I have to dial 0044 before all my numbers isn't a big problem I
suppose. I only call a handful of people and the ATA has 8 speed dials which
I can access by dialling *68x.

Thanks for the input.

Rob

Old April 8th 06, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The s-Bray

"Rob Walker" wrote in message
k...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=9705667121

I've got one and it works nicely, but I've only set up the most basic
features.
I'd like to add a dial plan but have no idea how to go about it. There is
no brand name on it at all.

Thanks for any help!

Rob

Hi Rob

I've just purchased the same model of ATA from the same guy on ebay. Is the
unit easy to set up?

Old April 8th 06, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob Walker

"The s-Bray" wrote in message
. uk...

"Rob Walker" wrote in message
k...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=9705667121

I've got one and it works nicely, but I've only set up the most basic
features.
I'd like to add a dial plan but have no idea how to go about it. There is
no brand name on it at all.

Thanks for any help!

Rob

Hi Rob

I've just purchased the same model of ATA from the same guy on ebay. Is
the unit easy to set up?

Basically yes, I'm new to VOIP and had it going in about 15 mins. I signed
up to SIP Discout first.
Out of the box the ATA defaults to an IP of 192.168.0.250 so it's just a
matter of setting your PC to a 192.168.0.x address, then pointing a web
browser at 192.168.0.250. I changed the IP to something on my normal subnet
and then reconfigured my PC.

Back in the web interface, Under the VOIP settings I added server address,
user name and password, and then the STUN server at the bottom of the page.
It wouldn't connect at first, until I put something in the phone number
field. I imagine 1234 would work, but I've now replaced that with my real
VOIP geographic number issued by SIP Discount. There's also a 'caller ID
name' field in which I've put my name. I'm not sure if this is needed but
might be worth bearing in mind.

Rob

Old April 8th 06, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The s-Bray

"Rob Walker" wrote in message
. uk...

"The s-Bray" wrote in message
. uk...

"Rob Walker" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Thanks Rob. I've used a PAP2 before, which was quite easy to set up.
Purchased the ebay one for the in-laws.

Old April 14th 06, 01:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Morley

"Rob Walker" wrote in message
k...

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rob Walker wrote:

[...]

Rob any hints on getting it going with SIP discount please? I have just
bought the same unit and cannot connect
I have set as follows

Primary SIP Servers Server Address
Server Port
Domain Name
Outbound Proxy Server
Outbound Proxy Server Port
Registration Timer Seconds

User Data Phone Number
Caller ID Name
User Name
Password
UDP Port

Is this what you get?

Old April 14th 06, 02:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Morley

"Tim Morley" tim.morley*REMOVE wrote in message
. uk...

"Rob Walker" wrote in message
k...

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rob Walker wrote:

[...]

EDIT !

Rob any hints on getting it going with SIP discount please? I have just
bought the same unit and cannot connect
I have set as follows

Primary SIP Servers Server Address sip1.sipdiscount.com
Server Port 5060
Domain Name sipdiscount.com
Outbound Proxy Server sip1.sipdiscount.com
Outbound Proxy Server Port 5082
Registration Timer Seconds 3600

User Data Phone Number 1234
Caller ID Name me
User Name xxxxxx
Password xxxxxx
UDP Port 5060

Is this what you get?

Should the status light flash all the time?
How do I know I am past my router?

HELP

Old April 14th 06, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Don't have one of these units, but where you have "Phone Number
1234" - try putting your username there too.

Old April 14th 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Morley

"paul123" wrote in message
ups.com...
Don't have one of these units, but where you have "Phone Number
1234" - try putting your username there too.

Thanks Paul, Ill try it. Getting annoyed now