LiquidSix Reseller Hosting comments - anyone?

Old April 8th 06, 12:24 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default LiquidSix Reseller Hosting comments - anyone?

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of LiquidSix Reseller Hosting
(http://www.liquidsix.com/resellers/)? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Old April 8th 06, 11:53 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Hudson

"John" wrote in message
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of LiquidSix Reseller Hosting
(http://www.liquidsix.com/resellers/)? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Well, its US based hosting which is one reason its so cheap.
Also, my own experience of offering "host lots of domains in onbe block of
web space" type plans was not good
as there was no way to manage or predict the possible server loads.
I am not saying its impossible, but without clustering its going to be
diffcilut and it does require considerable overselling to make it work.
Thats why we decided to stop offering that sort of account even though it
did reduce sales of reseller plans.
What you should do is work out how many domains you are likely to need to
host and how much bandwidth they will use.
Then you can compare hosts more easily as there may be otjer solutions.
e.g. some hosts are so cheap maybe lots of individual hosting plans would be
cheaper or better.

--
Gordon Hudson || Hostroute.com Ltd
e-mail:ghudson [at] hostroute.net