ATA Devices on LAN

Old April 8th 06, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
( * ) ( o ) ( 0 )

Default ATA Devices on LAN

I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following is possible:

At the moment, I have a single PC connected to ADSL with a Netgear
TA612V device. I'd be setting up a LAN in a few days time, and was
wandering if it is possible to have an additional ATA device, such as
the Handytone 486, connected simultaneously to the LAN. If it is, is it
difficult to get it working?

Thanks in advance.
Old April 8th 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"( * ) ( o ) ( 0 )" wrote in message

I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following
is possible:
At the moment, I have a single PC connected to ADSL with
a Netgear TA612V device. I'd be setting up a LAN in a
few days time, and was wandering if it is possible to
have an additional ATA device, such as the Handytone 486,
connected simultaneously to the LAN. If it is, is it
difficult to get it working?
Thanks in advance.

The TA612V is a peculiar beast to say the least, but I can see no reason
why you shouldn't be able to add a second ATA on the LAN somewhere. Make
sure it has its own IP address, you may need to forward ports to it from
the router, or use the DMZ, but it should work.

Ivor

Old April 8th 06, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:26:27 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"( * ) ( o ) ( 0 )" wrote in message

I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following
is possible:
At the moment, I have a single PC connected to ADSL with
a Netgear TA612V device. I'd be setting up a LAN in a
few days time, and was wandering if it is possible to
have an additional ATA device, such as the Handytone 486,
connected simultaneously to the LAN. If it is, is it
difficult to get it working?
Thanks in advance.

The TA612V is a peculiar beast to say the least, but I can see no reason
why you shouldn't be able to add a second ATA on the LAN somewhere. Make
sure it has its own IP address, you may need to forward ports to it from
the router, or use the DMZ, but it should work.

Ivor

Not exactly the same configuration I know, but I have 2 ATAs on my LAN
(a PAP2 and an SPA-1001). They are both connected to the same 2 SIP
providers, and both work well. They have different IP addressses of
course (by DHCP). I just made sure that the ports are configured in a
similar manner (SIP Port 5060 for one provider on both and 5061 for
the other provider).

Oldie