Straw Poll...

Old April 9th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

Default Straw Poll...

Gaz. wrote:

OK according to the Chief Executive of BT Retail, he reckons* that
most customers are more intrested/concerned with Price/Cost of
Broadband as opposed to Broadband Speed!

I've often found BT out of touch with what customers want regarding the
Internet. I seem to remember way back when flat rate dialup was being
touted one of the top guys at BT, perhaps the chairman said it would
never happen, no demand, can't be done, that sort of thing. It seemed
obvious that it was coming. Then with ADSL they dragged their feet
saying people didn't really want the speed.

I would think people are concerned with price and speed so they are
half right this time. :-) For me good reliability is a given and
shouldn't be an option the customer has to chose over services provided.

--
Remove SOMETHINGFISHY to email
www.ukwebhost.com
Old April 9th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Cullen Skink wrote:
Gaz. wrote:

OK according to the Chief Executive of BT Retail, he reckons* that
most customers are more intrested/concerned with Price/Cost of
Broadband as opposed to Broadband Speed!

I've often found BT out of touch with what customers want regarding
the Internet. I seem to remember way back when flat rate dialup was
being touted one of the top guys at BT, perhaps the chairman said it
would never happen, no demand, can't be done, that sort of thing. It
seemed obvious that it was coming. Then with ADSL they dragged their
feet saying people didn't really want the speed.

I would think people are concerned with price and speed so they are
half right this time. :-) For me good reliability is a given and
shouldn't be an option the customer has to chose over services
provided.

Whilst I would not agree that price is the most important to me I do think
BT may be right this time. Look at all those folk using very cheap accounts
with 2 GB, or even less, limits. Even if that is OK at 512 Kbps they are
likely to reach or exceed the limit at 8 Gbps simply because they can do
things faster. I think speed will become important but only after most of
the current light users have repeatedly hit the buffers and realised they
will have to pay more for a decent experience.

Remember: Most punters don't know that newsgroups exist so even fewer
actually use them. Those that do use newsgroups are likely to be more
technically savvy and also likely to want a better service, but we are not
typical ADSL customers.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field