VPN or VNC for Embedded Software development

Old April 10th 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
KBG

Default VPN or VNC for Embedded Software development

Hi,

Which of the technologies (VPN or VNC) can be used for debugging a
software in a hardware board (Hardware board is more than 2000 KM
away).

Which of the above two technologies will enable me to port a software /
operating system into a hardware from a remote place ?

Could someone tell me advantages / disadvantages of VNC and VPN w.r.t
Embedded world ?

what are the complexities involved in implementing these ?

Which has the easy setup and efficient for embedded
developments/debugging ?

Kindly let me know the best tools available for VPN and VNC for Windows
and Linux.

Could you also tell me if there are any wireless alternatives for VPN
and VNC ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Old April 10th 06, 05:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Clint Sharp

In message .com, KBG
writes
Hi,

Which of the technologies (VPN or VNC) can be used for debugging a
software in a hardware board (Hardware board is more than 2000 KM
away).

You could use the same technology that enables your college work to be
done 2000KM away.

--
Clint Sharp
Old April 10th 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
David Wade

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message .com, KBG
writes
Hi,

Which of the technologies (VPN or VNC) can be used for debugging a
software in a hardware board (Hardware board is more than 2000 KM
away).

You could use the same technology that enables your college work to be
done 2000KM away.

Well if he really works for a great consultancy like
http://www.lntinfotech.com/ thay must be very embarassed to find him asking
questions on here..

--
Clint Sharp

Old April 11th 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
KBG

I am completely new to these territories and i am exploring ways.

Thats what i am thinking about. (Telnet / TFTP or SSH) Actually, i am
exploring ways (VPN and others) . I had time to fire qureies and 100%
strong belief in google groups to have the precise answer alone. Rather
than reading through the whole length of nice good documents....

Ys i accept, I asked the questions what i felt/thought in my mind
before exploring those Territories.
I tried between different technologies. I have not used VPN or VNC
until now. Now i am clear in those VPN / VNC.
Now, i am very much aware of these and so, it was indeed helpful to me.

An engineers life has many such things ....
You can view it any angle. But, google & groups cleared my doubts.
We should not worry about others while asking questions/doubts. Then we
will be dump throughout lifetime.

Thx ,
Karthik Balaguru