Plusnet Upgrade email

Old April 10th 06, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default Plusnet Upgrade email

Had an email from Plusnet this morning saying my product had changed name,
but more importantly they are kickstarting the upgrades. I will upgraded to
adsl max up to 8mb in the coming months.
They don't give a time frame or upgrades, anybody know if there is a set
time frame for this?

Old April 10th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:35:37 UTC, "Beck"
wrote:

Had an email from Plusnet this morning saying my product had changed name,
but more importantly they are kickstarting the upgrades. I will upgraded to
adsl max up to 8mb in the coming months.
They don't give a time frame or upgrades, anybody know if there is a set
time frame for this?

At the moment, it seems that BT aren't giving ISPs that information in
any reliable form. Mine was done within a day of my request, but others
(same ISP as me) have waited a week. I don't know if perhaps it is
exchange dependent.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old April 10th 06, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

wrote:

Had an email from Plusnet this morning saying my product had changed
name, but more importantly they are kickstarting the upgrades. I
will upgraded to adsl max up to 8mb in the coming months.
They don't give a time frame or upgrades, anybody know if there is a
set time frame for this?

At the moment, it seems that BT aren't giving ISPs that information in
any reliable form. Mine was done within a day of my request, but
others (same ISP as me) have waited a week. I don't know if perhaps
it is exchange dependent.

I can request it done early if I pay 5.99 but they did warn me that I might
end up with a lower speed - line permitting. Decided to wait it out.
What concerns me most is that if on the rare thing that my line decides it
wants to go to a lower speed, can I revert back to a non-adsl.max line?

Old April 10th 06, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 10 Apr 2006 12:10, "Beck" wrote:

I can request it done early if I pay 5.99 but they did warn me that I might
end up with a lower speed - line permitting. Decided to wait it out.

The option to do this early is no longer available. The order of customer
regrades is (AFAIK) set for those who are on Premier accounts paying more
than 21.99, then for customers based on when they joined Plus.Net (which
means that those who were on dial-up in 2000, for example, and who only
got onto ADSL last year, because of their exchange being rural/etc can
still get a regrade as early as possible. The first 5,000 orders are
queued, being submitted to BTW ASAP (up to 700 per day are allowed).

BTW is expected to release their new "bulk order" tool near the end of the
month, at which time the remaining orders can be scheduled. I felt sure I
saw a quote from Mand Beckett, about them aiming to give some timescale to
customers, showing those who joined PN between date 1 and date 2 could
expect to have the regrade done after date 3. Looks like you should see
the web discussions, as the bulk of staff information will be found there.
(ADSLguide might be better place, since there aren't the moderators able
to block any users, and usernames aren't tied back to PN accounts :-)

Sometime at the end of the month they'll decide if they can allow users to
opt for paid-for regrades but in the meantime, they're not doing those.

What concerns me most is that if on the rare thing that my line decides it
wants to go to a lower speed, can I revert back to a non-adsl.max line?

I read that in the longer term, the non-IPstream Max accounts won't exist.
Old April 10th 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

poster wrote:
On 10 Apr 2006 12:10, "Beck" wrote:

I can request it done early if I pay 5.99 but they did warn me that
I might end up with a lower speed - line permitting. Decided to
wait it out.

The option to do this early is no longer available. The order of
customer regrades is (AFAIK) set for those who are on Premier
accounts paying more than 21.99, then for customers based on when
they joined Plus.Net (which means that those who were on dial-up in
2000, for example, and who only got onto ADSL last year, because of
their exchange being rural/etc can still get a regrade as early as
possible. The first 5,000 orders are queued, being submitted to BTW
ASAP (up to 700 per day are allowed).

Does this include those that pay 21.99

Old April 10th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

Had an email from Plusnet this morning saying my product had changed
name, but more importantly they are kickstarting the upgrades. I
will upgraded to adsl max up to 8mb in the coming months.
They don't give a time frame or upgrades, anybody know if there is a
set time frame for this?

At the moment, it seems that BT aren't giving ISPs that information in
any reliable form. Mine was done within a day of my request, but
others (same ISP as me) have waited a week. I don't know if perhaps
it is exchange dependent.

I can request it done early if I pay 5.99 but they did warn me that I might
end up with a lower speed - line permitting. Decided to wait it out.

I don't think there is a connection between early changeover and the
lower speed! That can happen anyway.

What concerns me most is that if on the rare thing that my line decides it
wants to go to a lower speed, can I revert back to a non-adsl.max line?

I doubt it somehow..but I don't know for certain.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old April 10th 06, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Bob Eager wrote:

I don't think there is a connection between early changeover and the
lower speed! That can happen anyway.

No connection. I just didn't want to waste the money if it failed :-)

Old April 11th 06, 03:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 10 Apr 2006, "Beck" wrote:

Does this include those that pay 21.99

order is

o those on Premier accounts paying 39.99 or 29.99

o other customers based on when they joined Plus.Net
(ie everybody else... including Premier at 21.99)