VPN or VNC for Embedded Software Development and porting in hardware

Old April 10th 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KBG

Default VPN or VNC for Embedded Software Development and porting in hardware

Hi,

Which of the technologies (VPN or VNC) can be used for debugging a
software in a hardware board (Hardware board is more than 2000 KM
away).

Which of the above two technologies will enable me to port a software /
operating system into a hardware from a remote place ?

Could someone tell me advantages / disadvantages of VNC and VPN w.r.t
Embedded world ?

what are the complexities involved in implementing these ?

Which has the easy setup and efficient for embedded
developments/debugging ?

Kindly let me know the best tools available for VPN and VNC for Windows
and Linux.

Could you also tell me if there are any wireless alternatives for VPN
and VNC ?

I am new to VPN and VNC territories.

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Old April 10th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

KBG wrote:

snipped
I am new to VPN and VNC territories.

New to doing your own homework, more like it.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
14:16:27 up 8 days, 23:05, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.07

Old April 10th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

"alexd" wrote in message ...
KBG wrote:

snipped
I am new to VPN and VNC territories.

New to doing your own homework, more like it.

Exactly :-)
Plus VPN and VNC technologies are completely different concepts

Old April 10th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KBG

You can help me in my homework !!

karthik balaguru

Old April 10th 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"KBG" wrote in message
oups.com...
You can help me in my homework !!

Getting desperate are we, now asking in multiple groups. By the way the
original question does not really make sense. You probably done't need
either VNC or VPN for an embeded system Try TELNET and TFTP...

karthik balaguru

Old April 11th 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KBG

Thats what i am thinking about. (Telnet / TFTP or SSH)
Actually, i am exploring ways (VPN and others) . I had time to fire
qureies and 100% strong belief in google groups to have the precise
answer alone. Rather than reading through the whole length of nice good
documents....

Thx ,
Karthik Balaguru

Old April 12th 06, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"KBG" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thats what i am thinking about. (Telnet / TFTP or SSH)
Actually, i am exploring ways (VPN and others) . I had time to fire
qureies and 100% strong belief in google groups to have the precise
answer alone. Rather than reading through the whole length of nice good
documents....

Some times you need to read docs to understand the replies...

Thx ,
Karthik Balaguru