Netgear Wgt624

Old April 10th 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dwayne Taylor

Default Netgear Wgt624

hi i have just got back from my local computer shop and i bought an netgear
wgt624 now i like my stuff set up correctly it is asking me for a mac
address so i am guessing i use the one of my cable modem but which one

in my cable modem

there are two availble but which one do i use

either

HFC MAC Address

or

CPE USB MAC Address

Old April 10th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyer

"Dwayne Taylor" wrote in message
k...
hi i have just got back from my local computer shop and i bought an
netgear wgt624 now i like my stuff set up correctly it is asking me for a
mac address so i am guessing i use the one of my cable modem but which one

in my cable modem

there are two availble but which one do i use

either

HFC MAC Address

or

CPE USB MAC Address

use the one from the pc you used to use to connect to the cable modem
On the Basic Settings page, at the bottom, click on "Use this computers MAC
address"

P.

Old April 10th 06, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin And Sandra

I have same problem here with the upnp ive been told not to use the default
advertisement period is 30 mins but what would you professional recommend
and also the advertisement life period in hops default is 4 but same again
what would you guys recommend

take a look at picture and you will get what I mean and read the text on the
right of the link

http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/...gt624_upnp.jpg

Old April 11th 06, 01:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyer

"Colin And Sandra" wrote in message
I have same problem here with the upnp ive been told not to use the default
advertisement period is 30 mins but what would you professional recommend
and also the advertisement life period in hops default is 4 but same again
what would you guys recommend

take a look at picture and you will get what I mean and read the text on
the right of the link

http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/...gt624_upnp.jpg

I ain't no pro, just an enthusiastic amateur, and I have Upnp turned off.
Have no need for it, and don't trust Upnp as far as I could throw it ;-)

P.