9.99 - ADSL Services

Old April 10th 06, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
News Reader

Default 9.99 - ADSL Services

Dear All,

Below 10 per month ADSL services

I am interested in the current providers of discount or very cheap ADSL
services. The particular interest is in:

- *kbps ADSL service - any speed (128kbps +)
- no minimum contract (including 12 month cancellation penalties or any
similar variation thereat!)
- 10 per month or less
- no transfer restrictions / caps
- no usage limitations (service types, time of day limiting, etc.)

These are in order of necessity / importance where the first two cannot be
varied and the last three are in order of increasing flexibility. Perhaps
the easiest presentation of the requirements / preferences would be in four
groups:

i) *kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, 10 per month, no
restrictions
ii) *kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, 10 per month but 15 per
month, no restrictions
iii) *kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, 10 per month, some
restrictions
iv) *kbps ADSL service, some minimum contract, 10 per month, no
restrictions

At the moment I can put a few services into a number of these categories but
am presently unable to put any into the category I am most interest in
(category "i")!

Here are some services I am able to put in each category. Any information /
others you are able to place into these categories would be much appreciated
(hopefully / preferably category "i" !).

Category "i"
=========
(*kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, 10 per month, no restrictions)

None known at present (previously EFHBroadband)

Category "ii"
=========
(*kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, 10 per month but 15 per month,
no restrictions)

adsl4less.co.uk - 14.99 for 512k unlimited service

Category "iii"
=========
(*kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, 10 per month, some restrictions)

adsl4less.co.uk - 9.99 for upto 8mbps limited service (max 2 gigabytes per
month)
efhbroadband - 13.99 for upto 8mpbs limited service (max. 1 gigabyte per
month)
efhbroadband - 14.99 for upto 8mpbs limited service (max. 2 gigabyte per
month)

Category "iv"
=========
(*kbps ADSL service, some minimum contract, 10 per month, no restrictions)

ukonline - 9.99 for 512k or 1mb (LLU service) - 12 month minimum contract

I look forward to and appreciate any / your input.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old April 10th 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

News Reader wrote:
[...]

If you find a supplier don't use them as they will not be around for long
(or will very soon be adding restriction).

Category "ii"
=========
(*kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, 10 per month but 15 per
month, no restrictions)

adsl4less.co.uk - 14.99 for 512k unlimited service

Doubt if that is economically viable either.

Category "iii"
=========
(*kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, 10 per month, some
restrictions)

Lots of restrictions if they are to be economically viable.

adsl4less.co.uk - 9.99 for upto 8mbps limited service (max 2
gigabytes per month)
efhbroadband - 13.99 for upto 8mpbs limited service (max. 1 gigabyte
per month)
efhbroadband - 14.99 for upto 8mpbs limited service (max. 2 gigabyte
per month)

Suspect adsl4less is not viable in the longer term.

Category "iv"
=========
(*kbps ADSL service, some minimum contract, 10 per month, no
restrictions)

ukonline - 9.99 for 512k or 1mb (LLU service) - 12 month minimum
contract

LLU so possible, but I would think there will have to be some restrictions
at that price.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field