Sending SMS from Sipgate to Spanish mobile - fails constantly

Old April 10th 06, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gul Dukat

Default Sending SMS from Sipgate to Spanish mobile - fails constantly

Has anyone had any success in sending an SMS message to a Spanish
mobile from their Sipgate web pages on their account? I have plenty of
credit and can call foreign numbers fine.

The number is standard Spanish mobile 650 836xxx

and I have tried both 0034650836xxx and +34650836xxx

Every time the Sipgate web page tells me that the number is invalid.
Anyone got any ideas?

Old April 10th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike @ www.zd8i.net

Gul Dukat wrote:

Has anyone had any success in sending an SMS message to a Spanish
mobile from their Sipgate web pages on their account? I have plenty of
credit and can call foreign numbers fine.

The number is standard Spanish mobile 650 836xxx

and I have tried both 0034650836xxx and +34650836xxx

Every time the Sipgate web page tells me that the number is invalid.
Anyone got any ideas?

I send text messages to two Spanish mobiles regularly. Both
are on Vodafone-ES and the numbers are 0034 617 567 xxx
and 0034 627 165 xxx.

Old April 10th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gul Dukat

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:55:12 +0100, "Mike @ www.zd8i.net" Mike @
www.zd8i.net wrote:

I send text messages to two Spanish mobiles regularly. Both
are on Vodafone-ES and the numbers are 0034 617 567 xxx
and 0034 627 165 xxx.

Thanks Mike. I have now tried another Spanish mobile with a 0034 649
xxxxxx number and this is failing also. I think the 650 prefix is
Movistar and I'm guessing that 649 might be as well. It's getting a
bit late now (in Spain) to be sending test messages so I'll try again
tomorrow. I have dropped an email to Sipgate support as I'm fairly
certain that nothing is wrong here.

If you do manage to get a message to send in the next 24 hours or so,
perhaps you could report here?

Thanks.

Old April 11th 06, 08:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike @ www.zd8i.net

www.zd8i.net wrote:

I send text messages to two Spanish mobiles regularly. Both
are on Vodafone-ES and the numbers are 0034 617 567 xxx
and 0034 627 165 xxx.

Thanks Mike. I have now tried another Spanish mobile with a 0034 649
xxxxxx number and this is failing also. I think the 650 prefix is
Movistar and I'm guessing that 649 might be as well. It's getting a
bit late now (in Spain) to be sending test messages so I'll try again
tomorrow. I have dropped an email to Sipgate support as I'm fairly
certain that nothing is wrong here.

If you do manage to get a message to send in the next 24 hours or so,
perhaps you could report here?

Thanks.

Just sent one to both numbers (8:10am 11/04/2006) and had replies
within a couple of minutes.

Mike.

Old April 11th 06, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

www.zd8i.net wrote:

I send text messages to two Spanish mobiles regularly. Both
are on Vodafone-ES and the numbers are 0034 617 567 xxx
and 0034 627 165 xxx.

Thanks Mike. I have now tried another Spanish mobile with a 0034 649
xxxxxx number and this is failing also. I think the 650 prefix is
Movistar and I'm guessing that 649 might be as well. It's getting a
bit late now (in Spain) to be sending test messages so I'll try again
tomorrow. I have dropped an email to Sipgate support as I'm fairly
certain that nothing is wrong here.

If you do manage to get a message to send in the next 24 hours or so,
perhaps you could report here?

Thanks.

Just to add a note on those prefixes. Since number portability was
introduced the prefix is no longer a sure-fire way of saying which
operator the number goes through. An example is my wife's mobile -
prefix 629 which was Movistar, but is now a vodafone-es number.

The issue in this case, however, looks suspiciously like a(nother)
Sipgate thang.

Old April 11th 06, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gul Dukat

On 11 Apr 2006 01:52:26 -0700, "paul123" wrote:

Just to add a note on those prefixes. Since number portability was
introduced the prefix is no longer a sure-fire way of saying which
operator the number goes through. An example is my wife's mobile -
prefix 629 which was Movistar, but is now a vodafone-es number.

The issue in this case, however, looks suspiciously like a(nother)
Sipgate thang.

You are right. Whilst portability isn't used quite as much in Spain as
in the UK, it is possible that 650 and 649 prefixes are no longer on
the Movistar network. In my case however, I do know that the two
people I tried (650 and 649) are still both on Movistar.

Last night I tried a text to another friend who is on Vodafone Es with
a prefix of 627. This worked perfectly.

So it does look like there is a Sipgate problem in sending text to
either the Movistar network or to Movistar prefixes. Thanks for the
help..