Plusnet treacle (again)

Old April 10th 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tx2

Default Plusnet treacle (again)

The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so i
guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

Old April 10th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On 10 Apr 2006 12:47:14 -0700, "tx2" wrote:

The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so i
guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

It is totally crap here tonight. It was the same last week. Some
people seem to be saying 'mine's OK' but loads of complaints on the
Plusnet Forum and on plusnet.service.customer-service.

Not squeak from anybody in Plusnet Towers.

Sad ... they used to be such a good ISP.
Old April 10th 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

"tx2" wrote in message
oups.com...
The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so i
guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

Rubbish speed. Service Status says nothing. Must have head in sand!

Old April 10th 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Arfur Bittah

"tx2" wrote in message
oups.com...
The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so i
guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

Yes,same for me.They dont seem to care a monkeys toss.They've got our

money and thats all they care about.I'm up for moving at the month end.

Old April 10th 06, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)

On 10 Apr 2006 12:47:14 -0700, "tx2" wrote:

The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

Erhm, it *is* actually faster using a modem (via a non-PN connection)
been there/done that. Also just taken almost 5 mins on a 2MB
connection to get onto the portal and check the service status ...
only to find everything listed as hunky dory of course ..... maybe not
methinks !

Don't know about anyone else but it's been almost this bad for the
past week or two esp from after just after midnight when the [email protected] p2p
b*ggers presumably jump in and steal every available bit of BW as
well. There seems to be a several second lag between doing anything
and getting a response and then when the response comes it's like one
packet of data every several seconds. Seen it all before but it's
just much worse than ever right now Mail and News almost as bad so
it's the whole network and quite possibly the [email protected] prioritising that
is screwed yet again. Didn't they announce some swish new upgrade
coming about now for real-time variable prioritising or something
along those lines rather than the current fixed priorities ? Seems to
me that everything has a priority of near-zero at the mo !!!

--
Mike
email: mikeb at twowheels dot plus dot com
Old April 10th 06, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

"Arfur Bittah" wrote in message

"tx2" wrote in message
oups.com...
The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so i
guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

Yes,same for me.They dont seem to care a monkeys toss.They've got our

money and thats all they care about.I'm up for moving at the month end.

I've just requested my MAC code and will ask to be refunded for the days I
haven't used.

Dan

Old April 10th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Roger Cain wrote:
"tx2" wrote in message
oups.com...
The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so
i guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

Rubbish speed. Service Status says nothing. Must have head in sand!

Either that or nobody has bothered to report the problem to support.
Has anyone here called them to report it?

Old April 10th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Roger Cain wrote:
"tx2" wrote in message
oups.com...
The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so
i guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

Rubbish speed. Service Status says nothing. Must have head in sand!

10:15pm
Slow Web Browsing - NEW (Ref 31576)
We are currently investigating reports of slow web browsing. Our network
engineers are looking into the problem and we post a further update when
more information is available.

Old April 10th 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

tx2 wrote:
The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so i
guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

Somebody tweaked something. My connection is now whizzing along at a rate
of knots.

Old April 10th 06, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On 10 Apr 2006 12:47:14 -0700, "tx2" wrote:

The web is unusable tonight - pages are loading more slowly than i
recall they used to on a 14.4 modem connection!

I have logged into the BT Test page, and get a speed of 1873kbps, so i
guess the problem is not my own network (tracert to router confirms
that) but that of Plusnet.

Logging into Google groups and Plusnet's own portal was like wading
through treacle with lead weights attached to your ankles!

Slow is an understatement............... anyone getting appalling
speeds - there's nothing on the status pages?

I'm wading through the same Plusnet treacle I guess.

The service I pay 22/month for has certainly deteriorated recently
and never a menntion in the status pages.

Bulldog (or rather C&W) have just laid duct to my local exchange
(Neath) for Bulldogs LLU - hopefully I'll be able to move by the end
of May

--
Peter