TalkTalk Free Broadband

Old April 11th 06, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default TalkTalk Free Broadband

Anyone stupid enough to go to TalkTalk just to get free broadband?

Their service was bad enough when you had to pay, with everyone scrambling
to leave, image how bad it will be when it's free.

To get free broadband, you need their line rental at 11, then their Talk3
International package at 9.99, plus 1.50 if you want caller display.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old April 11th 06, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Anyone stupid enough to go to TalkTalk just to get free broadband?

Their service was bad enough when you had to pay, with everyone
scrambling to leave, image how bad it will be when it's free.

To get free broadband, you need their line rental at 11, then their
Talk3 International package at 9.99, plus 1.50 if you want caller
display.

There must be a lot of interest as their website is almost falling over,
pretty much like what their service is like most the time.

Old April 11th 06, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JO

If the service is deliverable, it is a fantastic offer. I am tempted.

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:

Old April 11th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SoWeezy

If the service is deliverable, it is a fantastic offer. I am tempted.

no, it isn't...

18 months of hell, slow speeds, blocked ports, iffy email and usenet
service and wait till you try and get a MAC code, because you will want
it

I'd rather pay Eclipse the 14.99 and keep my sanity

Old April 11th 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nut

JO wrote:
If the service is deliverable, it is a fantastic offer. I am tempted.

If you intend to use the internet for just web surfing it may be adequate...
but i've read they'll be blocking or capping nearly every other useful port.

TAANSTAAFL.

Old April 11th 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , SoWeezy
writes
If the service is deliverable, it is a fantastic offer. I am tempted.

no, it isn't...

18 months of hell, slow speeds, blocked ports, iffy email and usenet
service and wait till you try and get a MAC code, because you will want
it

Seconded, crap service, crap speed and totally useless support plus a
MAJOR cock up on my little sister's billing which resulted in her being
without telephone or broadband for a couple of weeks whilst being scared
by the threats of court action if she didn't pay her bill, the direct
debit for which they had cancelled! Cheap is only cheap until it stops
working. She's just about to migrate out, hope I can get her a MAC
code.....

Old April 11th 06, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John DH

"nut" wrote in message
JO wrote:
If the service is deliverable, it is a fantastic offer. I am tempted.

If you intend to use the internet for just web surfing it may be

adequate...
but i've read they'll be blocking or capping nearly every other useful

port.

The fair use policy does not make for good reading either.
Worth a read before anyone signs up

Getting in is no prob, getting out may be:
18 month contract, and I don't see them listed with ofcom for the MAC's
either.

John

Old April 11th 06, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Jay

In message [email protected], John DH writes
"nut" wrote in message

If you intend to use the internet for just web surfing it may be
adequate... but i've read they'll be blocking or capping nearly every
other useful
port.

The fair use policy does not make for good reading either.
Worth a read before anyone signs up

Their website says:

"Massive 40GB monthly download limit*"

But what does that star-like symbol mean?

"*Subject to a fair usage policy"

How does that work, then? There's either a 40GB limit or there isn't.

After a bit of clicking around I found this:

"Our fair use policy is designed to ensure your service is fast and
reliable 24 hours a day.

A very small number of customers use file-sharing software (commonly
known as peer to peer) or other applications, which constantly send and
receive video and other very large files.

This type of activity uses a huge amount of bandwidth and can
significantly reduce the speed at which our other customers can access
the Internet, especially at peak times

Our fair use policy restricts this high bandwidth activity in peak hours
to allow the majority of customers to use their broadband connection for
normal residential usage i.e. surfing, email, online gaming etc. This
allows us to give you a high quality service 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week."

I wonder if their T&Cs and fair usage policy will be a fluid as other
ISPs?
--
Martin Jay
Old April 12th 06, 09:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave P

Seconded, crap service, crap speed and totally useless support plus a
MAJOR cock up on my little sister's billing which resulted in her being
without telephone or broadband for a couple of weeks whilst being scared
by the threats of court action if she didn't pay her bill, the direct
debit for which they had cancelled! Cheap is only cheap until it stops
working. She's just about to migrate out, hope I can get her a MAC
code.....

I'd rather pay Eclipse the 14.99 and keep my sanity

--
Clint Sharp

Been with them for two years. Great speeds, no loss of service. Happy
customer.

Dave

Old April 12th 06, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

"nut" wrote in message

[...]

Sound like Plusnet.

--