Sipgate problems

Old April 11th 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

Default Sipgate problems

I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
another service excluding vontage?
Old April 11th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
themgt

Bleh wrote:

I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
idea whats going on.

If by 'status screen' you mean
https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user_interface/start.php then I suspect the
problem is with your connection as I'm looking at it right now.
Old April 11th 06, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:56:33 GMT, TheMgt
wrote:

Bleh wrote:

I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
idea whats going on.

If by 'status screen' you mean
https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user_interface/start.php then I suspect the
problem is with your connection as I'm looking at it right now.

Sorry I didn't explain myself. The sipgate website works fine most the
time and I can login and see my account details as expected. My issue
is with the amount of outages with the service and how disappointing
my experience has been thus far. Sipgate has mainly been down for me
today, it has worked for brief moments. Voipbuster is generally work
ok but again it has some bad days.
Old April 13th 06, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Collett

wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:39:14 GMT, Bleh
wrote:

I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
another service excluding vontage?

Try Voipcheap or Sipdiscount or for just over six pounds a month
Freetalk every bit as good has Vonage but without the add on's that
you do not really need .

Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (4 + vat / month, no
inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't reliable
enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000 tray utility,
great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.
Martin

Old April 13th 06, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

wrote:

I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
another service excluding vontage?

Try Voipcheap or Sipdiscount or for just over six pounds a month
Freetalk every bit as good has Vonage but without the add on's that
you do not really need .

Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (4 + vat / month, no
inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't reliable
enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000 tray utility,
great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.
Martin

I've found blueface to be most reliable
Old April 13th 06, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"Sean" wrote in message

Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (4 + vat / month,
no inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't
reliable enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000
tray utility, great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.

I didn't realise that the 4.00 per month with Gradwell was plus vat
(4.70), I had looked at the following link, and no mention of vat
there.
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/trial.php
4.70 per month now seems even worse when compared to BT, and there is
no physical line etc. to maintain.