New Network - printer problems

Old April 12th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
badsworth

Default New Network - printer problems

I have just set up a new network with a router, my PC and my laptop. My
printer is an HP PSC 2170 all in one. The PC is linked to the printer via
USB cable and works fine. Both are set to 'share' the printer.

The printer will not function from the laptop. Help! Should I alter the
port? Do I need to configure it? It is still shown as connected by USB
port.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks

Badsworth

Old April 12th 06, 06:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stand Up Old

"badsworth" wrote in message
I have just set up a new network with a router, my PC and my laptop. My
printer is an HP PSC 2170 all in one. The PC is linked to the printer via
USB cable and works fine. Both are set to 'share' the printer.

The printer will not function from the laptop. Help! Should I alter the
port? Do I need to configure it? It is still shown as connected by USB
port.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks

Badsworth

On the Laptop using Windoz Add New Printer wizard..........select a Network
Printer etc